Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Saturday, November 04, 2006

OMFG: Jimmy C and Manolo B Sample Sales

Get your running shoes on ladies.
If you read this blog on a regular basis, you're gonna be so juiced today.

A few great friends of mine (thanks guys) alerted me to not one, but two fancy shoe sample sales: Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik.

I'd heard in myths and folklore that these sample sales existed. For whatever reason, blame it on the gods of fashion, I usually only found out about these sales after they were over. Well, the fashion gods have spoken...and it is good...

(forgive the melodrama, but I'm so excited I almost can't hide it)...

Here are the deets for both. Because I love you.

WHAT: Jimmy Choo shoes, boots, bags and small leather goods


Starting at 60% off, there is a $75 table

WHEN: Tuesday, November 7th 1-8; Wednesday, November 8th 9-6

WHERE: Metropolitan Pavilion -- 125 W. 18th S t between 6th and 7th ave.

ALSO

WHAT: Manolo Blahnik Sample Sale

WHEN: Wednesday Nov. 8th; 9-11 press; 11-4 public

WHERE: Warwich Hotel; 54th & 6th


Y'all...I've been talking about saving $500 for my first pair of Manolos...and now I may have them for half price?!?! And I heard from fashionistas who went last year that every pair of Manolo's was at a deep discount, like...$100 a pair. The perfect price cuz my Manolo meter is firmly at $108...tho I might have to pull out the plastic for a deal this good (I'm bad, I know).

I'm trying to stay calm...I really only would want at most two classic styles: a black pump and also a tan pump. I mean...I don't need swarovski crystal encrusted mary janes or anything over the top.

We'll see. I plan on hitting up both the day of...maybe even getting there I dunno, a full hour early to get first dibs. If you can't make it, I'll report on the mayhem.

If not, maybe I'll see y'all there!

Smootches!

* Want to know why Manolo’s so fly? Click here.
* Wonder what makes Jimmy Choo’s great shoes? Click here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will a size 11 sista be able to find some hot wishlist shoes? Thanks for the invaluable info!

Anonymous said...

I think you blog is fabulous. I currently live in Texas but I frequent New York probrably once every 3 months. My husband is from Mount Vernon and my sister in law still lives in Brooklyn. I feel very good knowing some of the street names and places you mentioned on your blog. I was just there literally about 3 weeks ago and wish I would have read your blog first. As a fellow label "whore" I totally understand your need to be in fashion but not pay all the high fashion prices. I come to New York looking for things on sell. N E way..just wanted to say what a great job you are doing with this blog.

Anonymous said...

The Jimmy Choo sample sale is usually not very good at all. Maybe this year it will be better.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have any idea how the Manolo Blahnik sale will be? I am coming from Maryland, but I will save my train ticket if it's waste of time.

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOO wish I could go...I'm right in Jersey, but I have work those days :(