Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, June 08, 2007

Cool Online Find: Wounded Heart Designs

"There are times for falling apart, and there are times for getting' funky. This is one of them funky times. So what's it gonna be?"--Eddie Griffin, Undercover Brother
Happy Friday readers!
So I've received a *ton* of mail bombs this week, but as you know, haven't had much downtime to get to it. So instead of answering one mail bomb, I've decided that the 'terns and I will put our noses to the grindstone, and deliver you twice the mail bomb fabulousness next week!
In the meantime, I wanted to alert you to a very cool, funky online jewelry find called Wounded Heart Designs...

...created by owner Almaz, who says, "I like taking the beauty from ordinary objects and turning them into gems."
Her repertoire includes earrings fashioned out of regular beer, soda, or ice tea cans...

Top Row: Mini Heinekens, $12; King of (B)ears, $12.
Bottom Row: She's a Peach, $12; Extra Sweet, $12.
And eclectic, colorful earrings made out of fabric...

Top Row: Knitty Loops, $14; Yellow Native Red Discs, $14.
Bottom Row: Cloud Psychedelia Earrings, $18; Dessert Bird Discs, $16
.
I love the bright colors, and make a statment sizes. And with everything under $20, you can't go wrong! Purchase at www.woundedheartdesigns.etsy.com.
Smootches!
PS In the Chi? Got a flair for fashion? Try out for Urban Fashion Week!

PS Have fun at the beach, swimming pool, party, or wherever the weekend takes you:)

6 comments:

Norell Alesse said...

That purple and red pair are fabulous!

moonchild said...

thank you claire!

check out my blog or contact me at wounded.heart.designs@gmail.com

<3

almaz

Anonymous said...

Hello Claire! I'm a really big fan of your blog and I make sure to let everyone I know about it. I was wondering if you knew who this particular designer was....he was recently featured on Black Enterprise Report TV. His styling is similar to Ozwald Boateng. He also had Derek Luke & Terry Crews modeling his clothes. Do you know who I am talking about??? Thanks so much! :)

Elle Woods said...

you meant 4 for $12 right? in regards to the ones made out of soda and beer cans.
I love fashion but come on now?
The rest are dope tho.

Anonymous said...

i don't think i'll be wearing the earrings made out of soda and beer cans. and if i did want to wear jewelery made out of those materials, i would make them myself. the other styles are cool, but not my aesthetic.

moonchild said...

elle,

i undertstand fashion can be way over-priced... but think of it as artwork.

it takes thought, action and skill to get to the end result. i dont sell myself short girl! gotta make that money- just like all the designers do. i mean, why is it okay for companies to charge $200 for a pair of jeans when it cost them $12 to make?

actually, price is a big thing with me. i could really charge a ton more for the things i'm making. believe me, you wouldnt believe what prices consumers are willing to pay.

i'm trying to market people such as myself who don't want to spend a forture on fashion.

thanks for the response! :)