Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Vesting Matters

"See... my... Vest. See my vest. / Made from real gorilla chest. / See this sweater, there's no better, than authentic Irish Setter."--Mr. Burns from the Simpsons


Vests like these...



and this $98 one from J.Crew...



have made a comeback.

I don't really know how I feel about this trend...the masculine look doesn't really work for me. Still, ever the fashion/shopping addict, I decided to do a small search/investigation for feminine and flirty versions.

I popped into Anthropologie, a store that has great, French-inspired, well made clothes, but very very high prices:



I didn't even bother looking at the full priced $200+ offerings..I made a bee-line for the Sales section:





At first glance it seemed as if everything down there were leftovers from the summer, but I did manage to find and quickly fall in love with this wool, cashmere, and lycra blend green vest by Velvet:



Here's a picture from the Anthro website:



This is how it looked on:



It was $70 marked down from $158.

This vest is great for so many reasons: It's different and fashionable, the color is rich...and the shape of it is absolutely perfect. The vertical lines the vest makes down the middle are apparently slimming (according to many experts I've spoken to), and the draping by the tummy would be a perfect pudge concealer after a big meal. You can wear it over anything, but I think it'd look best over a simple long sleeved top or turtleneck; the website suggests wearing it over a collared shirt, but I'd have to see it on.

I left my credit card at home, so I couldn't run to the cashier and scream 'Charge it!' as I normally would. But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back in there when I have some extra cash and pick it up...and maybe it'll be on sale for less!

Check out Anthro's items on their website www.anthropologie.com, and pop in their stores in the next few weeks for first dibs on fall sale items.

Smootches!

1 comments:

mojames said...

cool post! love the vest, it looks great on you!