Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Virtues of Virtual Shopping

"Paulette, I taught Bruiser to shop online, I think I can handle congress"--Reese Witherspoon as Elle in Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde

My friends and I decided to drop into Urban Outfitters this weekend.



Sure it's a national chain, but they have affordable, edgy clothes that tend to scream 'look at me!' rather than look past me.

I'm feeling the whole trendy 'plaid' theme going on, and I decided to find one piece for my fall wardrobe.

I came across this bubble skirt by Lux.



It doesn't look that great in that picture, but trust me, it's cute. I can imagine that this skirt would look AMAZING with some knee high brown, black or wine colored boots (like the ones I got for $15 at the thrift store!!!) and any solid colored top...I'm thinking a black, purple, or cream turtleneck would tame the colors down but would still make the skirt stand out. It's so colorful that you could do tons with it.

The skirt was $68 in the store, which isn't bad, but my friend told me that she wouldn't pay more than $35 for it. She was right. The thing about trendy items is that you don't want to spend a ton because you might not be wearing that trucker hat/poncho/rhinestoned jean next season. You want to be in style, but you also don't want to regret any purchases by overspending.

I left Urban skirtless...I was sad, but also pretty sure I wouldn't pay full price. Well today I went online and found the same skirt on sale for $40 (plus $5 shipping!). Turns out the sale is a www.urbanoutfitters.com exclusive.

I couldn't click 'check out' fast enough. It should arrive in 5 days.

Bottom line, ladies: there are deals to be found online. If you want something and it's too expensive, walk away. But check back at the store's website or do a froogle search to see if you can find it for cheaper.

Smootches!

0 comments: