Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, July 27, 2007

Mail Bombs

It's a lucky Friday...


...time for mail bombs! As per usual, I've received tons of great requests. I did my best to answer a few for ya. Let's get to it:
First up reader Keil from New Orleans asks, "There is picture of Eve wearing a pair of high waisted jeans that I love...."

"Could you please find out where I can get them?"
Eve’s jeans are widely reported to be by Fetish, her clothingline that went under for a while, but is set to relaunch tres soon. They're not in stores at the moment, but if you want a similar look, I believe that Diesel makes a great high waisted jean...

...visit www.diesel.com for store locations.
Next reader Angela says, "I LOVE the outfit Rihanna wore to 106th & Park and to lunch at Da Silvano...."

"...I want her look. Can you help?"
No problem. You can replicate a Rihanna 'Goth' look with the following:

Top Row: Seamless tank, $19.50, www.gap.com ; 7 for all Mankind Lucy Jeans, $150, CoutureCandy
Bottom Row: Kenneth Jay Lane Pyramid Bracelets, $98, www.maxandchloe.com; Brumley Ankle Boot, $398, shopbop.com
Next up die hard Fashion Bomb fan Penne asks, "I love the cute t-shirt Nichole from the Pussy Cat Dolls is wearing..."

"...Do you have any idea where I can find it??"
Well apparently a ton of people are fans of this cute t. You can get it...

...for $23 at www.viktorviktoriashop.com.

Next up, B from Dirty Jerz asks, "I have a beach wedding--in the Bahamas to be exact--coming up in a few weeks. Is it inapropro to wear white? This is my first adult wedding. People in my family and from my High School don't get married--or don't invite me. What's the protocol?"
This is a great question. First, do not wear white to the wedding. Only the bride shall wear white, and you can't outshine the bride! My suggestion is to pop on a dress in a light fabric...cotton or linen, no straps due to the weather (and sweat stains are not cute!). Given the venue, I'd say go for something in a tropical, vibrant color..tourquoise, yellow, even fuchsia or green. You want to match the FLORA. Add a dressy element with a sparkly shoe or clutch.
Use the following high and low priced frocks as inspirations:

Top Row:
Castle Starr Belted Dress with Beaded Neckline
, $485, www.ronherman.com; Kai Dress in Kelly, $143, CoutureCandy
Bottom Row: Muse Silk Floral Dress, $178, www.nordstrom.com;
Donna Morgan Empire Waist Sundress
, $98, www.nordstrom.com.

Lastly, an anonymous reader had the following reaction to my post on Bikinis for Ample Bosomed Beauties: "Heyyy what about one pieces! Not everyone likes to show their stomachs. As for me i want something to less emphasize my big rear end and hips...please help!"
I thought...great idea! There are plenty of hot one pieces that show a little bit of style a la Kelis...

...Rihanna...

...hey, even Courtney Love!

Try these:

Top Row: BCBGMAXAZRIA orange faded stripe cutout one-piece swimsuit, $58, www.bluefly.com; Fabucci Triple Cutout Maillot, $228,shopbop.com
Bottom Row: Pop-Sicle Cut Out 1 Piece, $80, www.guess.com; Bamboo ring cutout one-piece, $45, www.victoriassecret.com
Have an amazing weekend:)
Smootches!

6 comments:

The Glam Life said...

I thought the reader said she didn't want to show her belly but all of your so called "one-pieces" show the stomach area.

Anonymous said...

The Rihanna one showed the stomach alot...might as well wear a bikini if you are going to wear that one. I have a similiar one to the red one you showed and i get alot of compiments on it. Alot of people really like sexy one piece bathing suits.

Anonymous said...

yeah... i agree. the one pieces were reall, really revealing. actually the rihanna one was quite worse than some bikinis out there. only someone with rihannas body could pull that off

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog...I just hope I could do this with my fashion blog..Keep it up..hope we could exchange links...

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I'm glad to see the one-piece come back in such a sexy way!

Want a free trip to the Bahamas? Visit www.pamperedpassions.com/sweepstakes.htm

Margo said...

you can also get the "whiskey makes me frisky" tee and other funny ones from that line at www.ronherman.com.