Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, July 09, 2007

Real Style: London Girls

How come everytime you come around/My London, London bridge, wanna go down like/ London, London, London, wanna go down like/London, London, London, we goin’ down like…" Fergie, "London Bridge"
Hey Guys,
So I was trekking all over NYC this Sunday, and of course was keeping my eyes peeled for Real Style. Hit up a party in Harlem, but saw no signs of style on those concrete streets. Took a short detour to the Manhattan Mall at 34th street and almost thought I was in the midwest (eek!). But when friends and I stopped shortly in Soho, I found these two stylish London divas within minutes...

...what made me pause was the young lady on the right's singular style. From her multilayered, gathered dress, to summery colors, and two toned, braided tresses, she was fierce! And both ladies have quite serious accessories games.
So what do you think? Do ladies from across the pond bring the Real Style?
Smootches!
PS Big Congrats to four time Wimbledon winner...

...Venus Williams! She’s the bomb y’all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

london representing real style...brap!!!! brap!!!

Wiwi Bloggs said...

they're hot, but i want more photos of the fashionbomb herself! ever since you linked my blog on your page, traffic has skyrocketed! a big kiss to my fashion maven! xoxo, wiwi, of the emancipation of wiwi

Anonymous said...

I wish I could accessorize like those girls. That yellow dress is hella fab.

http://blackstylecentral.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Chic!

Anonymous said...

They look really fresh and modern. But I am from the MidWest and was quite offended by your little comment, like we have no sense of style whatsoever. That's not fair.

Who's That Fashionista? said...

Those two young ladies look very stylish!

Furaha said...

living in london has shown me that there is just a culture of style here. there are whole markets and streets dedicated to being different, and every one gets in where they fit in. living here sucks, but london's fashion scene has inspired me.

Anonymous said...

i would say that those 2 ladies look original, but its not my cup of tea as far as style goes. i just think there's too much going on.

Anonymous said...

Black Brits definitely have style! The time that I spent living in London definitely opened me up to a new style aesthetic. And, these ladies are really rocking it in these cool and summery 'fits! Loves it!

Coko Mulan said...

Oh yeah.. they are superfly

Anonymous said...

London girls, do have great style, i do think it's mostly 2 do with the shops we have over here, they r able 2 turnover the latest trends from the catwalk 2 the shops so quickly and cheaply that ppl r able to mix an d match as they wish.

Anonymous said...

big up the LDN!

Anonymous said...

i love the london style. as the other poster said its not my fave place to live but i am always up on the new trends by just watching the streets. girls are risk takers here and they manage to pull it off very well. i hope to take that part of england with me whenever i leave :)

Anonymous said...

I from London and the style here is sickk. Every1 has their own thing going own...real cool.