Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trend Talk: High Waisted Heaven?

Hey guys,
So this trend of high waisted jeans has been around for a minute now...and though it initially seemed atrocious beyond words, it doesn't seem to be going away. Perhaps I've been brainwashed, but a few celebs lately have been able to pull the look off...or do they? Let's take a look:


Beyonce is gorgeous, yes, but are her jeans? She rocks a high waist with what looks like a House of D t and suspenders...

Ciara also favors suspenders, and balances the high waist with a short shirt...

Ships ahoy! Genevieve Jones prefers the sailor look...

J. Lo keeps it sassy and sexy in sleek skinny high waisted jeans and stilettos...

And Nicole Richie takes a risk in Sass& Bide high waisted cut offs with a tank tucked in.
Interesting.
If you're brave enough, try these items:

Top Row: Lux High Waisted Skinny Jean, $68, www.urbn.com; Sass & Bide High Waist Short Shorts, $238, www.intermix.com.
Bottom Row: Theory Lacey B Short Skirt, $175, shopbop.com
High Waisted Denim Sailor Pant, $148, www.ardenb.com.
So what do you think? Will you make haste to buy high waist?
Smootches!
PS. Quick survey: Have you ever purchased anything you saw on The Fashion Bomb? If so what? When? Did you love it!?!? E-mail me at thefashionbomb@gmail.com and let me know!
PSS Check out more High Waisted particulars at the fab blog Strictly Fab.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

no. that's not even right. i like the high-waisted shorts and skirts with a wide belt (within reason), but the suspenders thing... and the high waisted jeans... some things need to remain in their decade!!

Anonymous said...

The best high waist jeans I've seen are the one Keisha Cole rocks in her new video "Let It Go"

Your Girl said...

i personally love the look (not so much on genevieve - yikes). katie holmes and nicole richie do it best in my opinion. never thought i'd say that!

Anonymous said...

beyonce's are cute

Anonymous said...

I think the high wasted denim looks good on somebody with a shape like beyonce.

Anonymous said...

I think Beyonce & J-Lo rocks them best, I don't see myself doing the same though...

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I just can't get down with this trend. If you have anything other than a perfectly flat stomach you will look pregnant.

Anonymous said...

I really like Nicole's Look with the highwaisted shorts. I might look for some that aren't $230 dollars, but I'll definitely be picking up a pair like that soon!

Anonymous said...

I like the trend! I think it can be flattering on some shapes. I really like the nautical look. But I wouldnt spend alot of money bc I do think it won't be around to stay.

Wiwi Bloggs said...

high-waisted shorts make people look like they have broken hips. it's wrong!

Scoop Lady said...

beyonce has no business in high waisted jeans. looks like a pancake. wide with no ass

ciara's the only person with the body for that.

Anonymous said...

ciara and fergie pull it off nice.

jlo always looks hot cuase she knows what to wear

Anonymous said...

As a curvy diva with a super high waist, I can say I'm pretty excited to see some of these high-waisted looks. The suspenders - I can pause on that - but I'll definitely be on the lookout for some affordable pairs that I can wear. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing women who have no business in low-rise jeans and their unmentionables!

Anonymous said...

I wish this "trend" would die and be buried 16ft under forever.

Anonymous said...

i can't stand this trend, and i don't think high waisted jeans look good on ANYONE. (the only person who looks halfway decent to me is genevieve jones and thats because she can do no wrong in my eyes) i still won't be caught dead in any skinny jeans, because i know they don't compliment me. some trends need to stay dead and buried. what are they going to bring back next? big ass shoulder pads and aquanet?

Anonymous said...

I don't like Beyonce's ensemble in the high waisted denim. I think the HOD shirt is just four much.

All in all, I like the trend, though. Express had some wonderful high waisted pants in black and chinos at the end of Spring. Very cute and inexpensive.

WendyB said...

I've had some high-waisted pants for a couple of years now. They can have a very glam old-Hollywood look if you play it right.

Anonymous said...

More than in any other country, the USA’s market commerce structure tends to sell the same things everywhere. When it comes to clothing, the result is that everyone tends to dress equally, wearing always the same brands. As a consequence, the fashion trends usually fit the average person, and therefore are normally traditional and conservative. Nobody can deny that every woman in the world wants to be unique.

Brazilian Jeans are considered to be the sexiest jeans on the planet. They clearly back this statement since they were designed with women body in mind. They are made of a higher quality of denim, a brazilian knit of intricate cotton and lycra. This knit is what gives you that curve-hugging fit making them incredibly perfect. They will adjust to your curves and not only show them, but also enhance them. The phrase “brazilian Jeans” is synonymous with low cut jeans. You will find pairs with rises from 4 inches to 8. You will find it difficult to find a higher rise in brazilian jeans, since they are jeans to show off your assets. They will make you feel your best as a woman.

Brazilian women are known for being very sexy. With a closer look you will see that in fact, they are no sexier than any other woman could potentially be. The real fact is that they “look sexy”, or in other words, they DRESS SEXY.

I finally found a place where I can buy brazilian style jeans at an affordable price, here in US. Check it out! http://www.bestbrazilianjeans.com

Anonymous said...

I love your site!!