Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Boutique Spotlight: Tessan

Hey Guys,
So I recently paid a visit to a super cute boutique in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn called 'Tessan'...

...it carries *amazing* vintage, French, Japanese, Nigerien, Senegalese and other global and locally-made accessories, clothes, sunglasses, handbags...

...at reasonable prices. The owner, Aissatou, is of French and Senegalese descent, and brings her global sense of chic to everything in the store.

She says "I opened Tessan Boutique because there were so few places in the neighborhood to shop for affordable, stylish accessories...


...I wanted my friends and neighbors to have a place close to home to find funky, unique treasures in a low-key, friendly atmosphere that carries a positive energy."

The store definitely delivers with the funky accessories. While I was there, my friend bought a cute braided belt, and I actually ended up buying the gold vintage necklace below...

...right off the mannequin!
Didn't hurt that everything was very well priced: Clothes started at $30, jewelry at $20, cosmetics at $6, and handbags and shoes at $60. Not bad at all.
The store, while quaint, had an amazing vibe. Plus Aissatou and I had a great time speaking French:)
If you're ever in Brooklyn, NY, Tessan Boutique is located at 280 Clinton Avenue (at the Corner of Dekalb). For more information, check out Tessan's website at www.tessanboutique.com.

Smootches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hot!! I really love your website girl, keep doing the damn thing!!

Leslie Nicole said...

Wow, I dont rememeber seeing that store there. I need to go visit next time in Brooklyn. It's right near my aunt's salon, Tendrils on Ft Greene.

Stay FAB

Your Girl said...

I love, love, love Tessan. Somehow I can't exit the store without a purchase in hand. Aissatou has the amazing taste...the vintage items she collects are the best. Keep the NYC boutique reviews coming!