Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Jumpsuits + TFB's Second Fashionable Contest

"I like to think of Jesus as an Ice Dancer, dressed in an all-white jumpsuit, and doing an interpretive dance of my life."--John Reilly as Cal Naughton Jr, 'Talladega Nights'

Hey Y'all!
So reader Shanita asked:
I was wondering if you can address rompers, jumpsuits, jumpers, one piece items on your blog soon. I see them and sometimes I think they are cute, but I dont want to look like a big baby or a fool wearing one. How does one wear a non-terry romper or jumpsuit?

Great question. For style cues, I looked no further than pretty, petite actress Nia Long. She's been representing with the one pieces lately in sophisticated and stylish ways.
She has no problem taking in a game in a pair of relaxed denim overalls...


...or rocking a black cotton twill jumpsuit with stilettos for the red carpet...


She pulls this off no problem by way of a great body and an even greater pair of legs. She also, unlike Ms. Tisha C...


...sticks to breathable fabrics like cotton twill or denim, and goes with subdued, neutral colors. You can definitely adapt this look to suit your style with the following scene stealers:


Top Row: 7 for All Mankind “Ginger” Jumpsuit, $198, www.adasa.com; Polka Dot Jumpsuit, $20, www.forever21.com; Poplin Belted Romper, $25.50, www.wetseal.com.
Middle Row: Seven Jeans Sweetheart Romper, $185, shopbop.com
Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Finch Jumpsuit, $285, shopbop.com
Doty Jumper in Jet, $154, CoutureCandy
Bottom Row: XOXO Twill Button Front Jumper, $25.50, www.macys.com; Kaitlyn Shortall, $34.50, www.delias.com; Serfontaine Jean Jumpsuit, $255, (323) 782-9188.
The Serfontaine jumpsuit was actually featured in the New York Times Style section this Sunday. About the jumpsuit, the author says, "Pair it with stilettos and Pilates-toned legs and you’ve got a look." Sound advice!
Moving on...
Ms. Long has been bringin the fashion fabulosity lately! A ton of readers have e-mailed asking me the designer of the cute off the shoulder dress...


...she wore for the premiere of the movie 'Are we Done Yet?' It's a gorgeous dress, but I'm *stumped*.
Do you know who made it? If so, e-mail me at thefashionbomb@gmail.com with the designer, plus proof (a jpeg, link to a designers page). If you're the first to respond, I'll send you this Marc Jacobs mirror...


...one of the many items available this weekend at the Fashion Bomb and Val Style's Shop & Mingle Event! Haven't RSVP'd for Shop & Mingle? What are you waiting for?!?!
Smootches!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know who makes the shoes Nia has on with her off the shoulder dress.

Jen said...

I must admit, I've been feeling the romper-look for a while. I was a little ahead of my time and bought three last season. I only had the courage to rock 1 of 3 with confidence last year, but I'm definitely planning on tryng them out again this season!

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend and I thought we were the only 2 people in the black world that found Talladega Nights hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for these overalls. Where can I find them?