Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, April 16, 2007

Twice as Nice: Shop & Mingle Vol. II

"It takes two to make a thing go right/It takes two to make it outta sight"--Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock, "It Takes Two."

Hey Guys,
So Shop & Mingle Vol II...

...was twice as nice as the first one!
Val did an excellent job of laying out many fashionable sample sale finds like Hudson, Seven, and Habitual jeans...

Botkier bags...

...and top, dresses, and skirts by brands like Proenza Schouler, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Marc Jacobs.


Fashion Bomb readers and friends streamed in during the day to browse...


...and socialize!


But you know these shopaholics did more than just mingle!
Friends Shirley and AC took a liking to a few fabulous silk Bilingual dresses...


My girl Kristin looked ruffle ready in a Walter Blouse...

Shopper Valerie looked cute in Vince...

And reader Lisa looked smashing in Bilingual and Barney's New York...

Fun!
Though I said I'd abstain this time around, I couldn't leave empty handed! I picked up this Zachary's Smile for Barney's Co-op Red Shift dress with Paisley detail...

..for only $40 (marked down from $158). Once it stops raining, I'm gonna rock it with some sky scraping, calf raising wedges. Can't wait!
Shop & Mingle was a veritable success. For those who came, thanks so much! And if I missed you, so sorry... I'll catch you at the next one:)
Smootches!
PS Stay tuned for more Fashion Bomb events including a jewelry expo with Boutique Finesse towards the end of the month.

PSS I’ve been getting a lot of mail from men lately asking for fashion advice! Of course they’d like to know how to develop their styles, and who better to tell them than a group of women??? All this week, I’m going to focus on male style, celebrity fashion, and will even feature a special guest blogger. In the meantime, if you think your man, good friend, or buddy has great style, or want me to profile a particular fashionable male celebrity, send me a picture, note, or e-mail to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Stay tuned, it’s about to be hot!

PSSS Does anyone else love the song quoted in this post??? It was the first rap song I ever heard, memorized, anything! If you want to reminisce (my fellow 80's babies), the video is below:

Enjoy!

0 comments: