Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Style File: Eva Pigford

"I'm not your girl next door but I'm your girl down the block in your hood."--Jaslene, America's Next Top Model Season 8 winner.
So ANTM recently crowned a new queen (Jaslene)...and in the spirit of celebrating the ANTM franchise, I decided to do a short style file on the most successful, beautiful, and stylish winner of the show (in my opinion)..

Eva Pigford.
Petite and sassy, Eva truly has a style all her own . She plays up her diminutive traits by paying attention to tiny details.
She caters to her small figure by wearing short, cute dresses that elongate her legs...


And adds bulk and romance by sporting dresses and shirts with ruffle accents.



While her clothing game is fierce, Eva truly stays fly by way of an impeccably stylish haircut...

And big, bold, look-at-me accessories:


Fierce.
Get started on your own Eva the Diva-like wardrobe with the help of the following:

Top Row: Rosanna Dress, $27.80, www.forever21.com; Kenneth Jay Lane Black Diamond Cocktail Ring, $75, shopbop.com
Bottom Row: Doorknocker Earrings, $18, www.urbn.com; Marc Jacobs Red Plastic Oversized Shades, $144, www.bluefly.com.
Tyra...

...and Ms. Jay...

...would be proud!
Smootches!
PS Reader Neah was feeling the yellow post from yesterday!
She says, “I just wanted to let you know I'm with you with the love for yellow. I went out to celebrate my birthday on Saturday and just HAD to wear yellow.”
“I got the dress from Bebe. I paired it with navy and white Oscar de la Renta pumps, navy and white earrings, and a necklace I wrapped around my wrist (a girl's got to be creative).”
Loves it!
PSS ANTM stills courtesy of the fab blog Four Four (www.fourfour.typepad.com)

7 comments:

Furaha said...

Tyra used to like Eva, but Eva dissed her and signed onto new management. Hopefully, Jaslene will be as great as Eva since she's the first LATINA America's Next Top Model, as Eva was the first black one.

Anonymous said...

I love homegirl's dress. Fashion Bomb readers are fabulous!

xoliquoricexo said...

pretty bebe dress! eva is all kinds of fierce! her hair = l.o.v.e.

x

MissJ said...

I must say Eva is not top-model-material. Her legs are shaped awkwardly, she's too short, too meaty and very commercial. That being said, she is pretty, but so are many pedestrians. Her go-getter attitude and couch-hopping will get her far, though.

jaja

Anonymous said...

Do I hear a MEOW!! from Ms JaJa??

Anonymous said...

Claire, Girlfriend you are working those fierce red shoes!!

Anonymous said...

can i say wow for neah's look, i would have never thought to pair yellow with black and white. she was creative and it worked! she looks great. eva is gorgeous, although i do have issues at times with her hair. she should just keep it in a short cropped style.