Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Style File: Rihanna

"I want to give people a taste of the Caribbean, and show them the fun side of me."--Rihanna
Hey Boos,
Today's Style File superstar is none other than my fellow Caribbean Queen (buck, buck!)...

...Rihanna!
Homegirl's seriously been stepping her style game up lately, and has learned that travesties like this....

...and this....

are wholely unacceptable!
Let's take a look at her steez:
On the red carpet, she looks absolutely stunning in short, age appropriate dresses characterized by sequins...



Pretty graphic prints...

...and pale yet pretty colors that complement her eyes and skin tone.


For her more casual events, she sticks to skinny jeans and fun tops like cropped vests...

...and long tunic tops...

Cute!
Want her look? Here are a few items that can get ya started:

Top Row: Graham & Spencer Silk Cami Dress, $264, www.nordstrom.com; Tri-color Chiffon Dress, $90, www.ardenb.com.
Bottom Row: Sleeveless Blouson Dress, $98, www.bebe.com; Cropped Cotton Jacket, $22.80, www.forever21.com.
Smootches!
PS I'm almost ashamed to say that Rihanna's new single "Umbrella" is growing on me...

I hated on it at first, but, something about "Ella, Ella Ay, Ay" is so catchy...boo!
PSS For my London based Fashion Bomb readers, there’s a sample sale tomorrow you simply must attend.
Deets:
Date: Friday, 11th May
Time: 12PM – 8PM
Venue: The Gallery, 125 Charing Cross Road, Soho, London WC2H OEW
RSVP: Strict guest list. Register at http://www.fashionpublic.com
Designers: Gharnai Strok, Alice & Astrid, Meli Milo, Made In Heaven, Belle
and Bunty, Degrees of Freedom, Missoma jewellery, Britt Lintner, Louise
Barthes and many more.....

8 comments:

Monika said...

hey, i did link you, can you link me too?

Mikele Adriana said...

Don't feel bad. I was thoroughly upset at the extra syllable added into the word "Umbrella". Now, not so much. I lOVE her in that purple bandage dress.

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please.... tell a Sistah where Rhianna got these shoes from.

http://concreteloop.com/2007/05/who-rockd-it-better-rihanna-or-vanessa

I am SO IN LOVE with her shoes. Lawd take me now :)

Anonymous said...

As a forehead person myself, I can appreciate a famous forehead. She's stepping the style game up.

Coko Mulan said...

I was just about to basically do this same post about Rihanna.. the girl is 2 fly!

Anonymous said...

I love her new style. She is growing into a true fashionista and people have finally stop comparing her to Beyonce. She's repping for us island sistahs.

SET said...

HER STYLE GROWTH IS AMAZING,

af said...

i like that lil white top rihanna's wearing with those jeans, kelis wore that on 106 an dpark, buh w/o pants omg it was a mess. she is truely steppign her game up, that album is gon be fiyah!