Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crippled yet Cute

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed your three day weekends! For me, the days are just starting to bleed into each other...being at home is restful, but I'm starting to feel the itch for outside!
Though I'm supposed to be on bedrest for another week, I'm already wondering how I can work a swollen, patched up foot to hot events.
I decided to look no further than 2007's most Fashionable Diva, Rihanna...
...who kept it moving last August with an injury. She didn't let a minor setback stop her swagger!
For red carpets she popped on pairs of long wide legged pants that skimmed over her bandages...
...and ditched crutches in favor of a black coordinating cane.  
When in the club, she worked it in a sweetheart tube and trousers....
...but smartly found the nearest seat!
When she chose to don a dress, she made sure her boot matched her ensemble...
...and if anything, didn't forget...
...to rock at least one hot shoe!
If you're afflicted, a few items to help you maintain your sexy:
Middle Row: Hugo Folding Cane, $17, www.amazon.com
Bottom Row: Nicole Miller Strapless Bow Dress, $230, www.bluefly.com; Laundry by Shelli Segal Bubble Dress, $195, www.bloomingdales.com
Only one more week off my feet. I'm on fewer meds, so I'll see about more updates!
Smootches!
Fashion, News, and What Nots
*Reader Rufaro says, "Any idea where I can get a pair of shoes like these?"
Hey! You're in luck. I found this inexpensive pair of  Touch Ups Women's Alana Sandals...
...Get 'em for $53 at www.endless.com.
*Deal of the Day:
... a Rihanna-esque Strapless Lace Dress with Tulle, $30 at www.rampage.com.
Complete the look with these $99 Luichiny Lovely Pumps...

from Zappos.com
*Splurge of the Day....
...Beyonce like Pura Lopez Pumps, $245 at www.nordstrom.com.

0 comments: