Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, February 15, 2008

Mail Bombs!!!

Hey,
So I'm still in bed--having your foot propped up is not fun! Still, I have a bit of time for Mail Bombs...
...Let's do it!
Reader Kandice loves Chrisette Michelle's bag game. She says, "I was wondering if you could find out who makes this bag that Chrisette Michelle was carrying recently..."
It's hard to see, but she might be wearing this Yves Saint Laurent Black Croc Tote...
...available at www.bluefly.com for $1,596.
If that's too much, you can get a similar look with this Ruched Frame Bag...
...for $29 from www.spiegel.com.
Reader Keyona says, "I love how Rihanna keeps it so fashionable while being so casual. Do you know where I can get a similar leopard luggage carry-on like this?"
"I’m going on a trip for the weekend any haven’t been able to find any cute, fashionable, not overly priced, carry on luggage!"

Hey! I did a short post on traveling in style last year, but in case you want a few updated options, I've got you covered:
Top Row: Ricardo Beverly Hills 26 inch Pullman, $112, www.luggageonline.com; Diane Von Furstenberg Twigs Carry On, $191, www.luggageonline.com.
Bottom Row: Diane von Furstenberg Catwalk Expandable Luggage, $200, www.macys.com; Leopard 20" Trolley, $220, www.flight001.com.
Bon Voyage!
Next reader Stacye loves Kelis' hat in this picture...
She says, "I love this hat that Kelis is wearing at the Grammy Style Suite. Can you tell me where I can find something similar?"
Try these for a Kelis like look:
Top Row: Cha Cha Smarty Fedora, $114, www.ravinstyle.com; Scaled Fedora, $11, www.forever21.com.
Bottom Row: Straw Fedora, $28, www.ardenb.com; Wool Blend Fedora, $10, www.forever21.com
Next, Anedra says, "Many celebrities wear dresses with nude heels. I hear they make your legs look longer..."
"... As I am super short (5'0"), I would love to find a pair of pumps in a nude color. The problem is none of them look nude on brown women. I would say I'm medium brown. Can you help? "
Of course! A few 'nude' options for darker skin tones:
Top Row: Cole Haan Fiona Mid Air Pump, $280;  Baby Phat Tiziana Logo Pumps, $84. 
Bottom Row: Guess by Marciano Britannia Pumps, $113; AK Anne Klein Jayme Pump, $93.
Get 'em all at Zappos.com
Lastly, Megan says, "I really like these pieces that I purchased and I would like to wear them now, but being that it is still winter, I need something to cover my legs..."
"...What kind/color tights or leggings should I wear with them? I truly value your opinion as well as the fellow readers."
Hey there. Cute Bag! So with all the colors you have going on, I'd say you really can't go wrong with neutral, black tights.  For uniformity's (and weather's) sake, I'd also put the khaki jacket on hold and top your dress off with a black wool jacket. Try these:
What do you guys think?
Fashion, News and What Nots
*Hotness of the Day:
Karen Zambos Vintage Couture Puff Sleeve Dress...
...$262, shopbop.com
*For my voluptuous ladies looking for hot swimsuit brands, check out my post on Bikinis for Ample Vixens.
*London Fashion Week is in Full Swing. [NYTimes]
*British Models Must be Skinny [Guardian]
*Suzy Menkes on London's Sustainable Fashions. [IHT]
*Guy Trebay likens the Westminster Dog Show to a Catwalk [NYTimes]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post once again. I have a pair of neutral color shoes that i purchased from Aldo. I ALWAYS get complimented on them and they blend really well with my complexion.

Here is the link:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=61531593&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=37

Anonymous said...

(The Real) HU is all over The Fashion Bomb!

Love it.

Anonymous said...

Megan,
You DO Need something to cover your legs, like a longer dress.Not all trends are for everyone and green HORIZONTAL prints on a pretty plus-size girls...c'mon now.

B said...

I have been looking for nude brown shoes forever. Great post!

xoliquoricexo said...

i hope you're better, claire!