Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Intern Post: Spring Flowers

Happy Valentine's Day!
So I'm back from surgery, with my swollen foot propped up nicely on two pillows. I'm fine now (thank you percoset!), but y'all, you should've seen me in the hospital pre surgery! I really turned on the dramatics--crying, asking for my Mom, threatening to leave--but in the end I calmed down. After all my pain, and sitting down at parties...
...I think I made the right decision!
So my newest Fashion Bomb intern, Lisa, was kind enough to step in for me today.
She reports on a hot Spring Trend seen all over the runways: Floral Prints. 
Enjoy!
**************************************************************************
Hey readers!
Newest Fashion Bomb intern Lisa checking in.

So even if we’re going to have to deal with a few more weeks of cold, at least your wardrobe can be in full bloom! The Spring 2008 runways were budding with new bouquets of vibrant florals that are a little bit retro, a whole lot sexy, and anything but boring.
Top Row: D & G, Valentino
Bottom Row: Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs
And of course celebs had to jump in on the trend!
Genevieve Jones does retro so well with a boho chic minidress at a Fashion Week after party for Alexander Wang....
At the premiere for Lipstick Jungle, Paula Garces is head to toe flower girl in hot pink... 
Actress Ana Ortiz pairs a bright bouquet against a white silk shift at Fashion Week...
And model Roshumba Williams blooms in Bryant Park ...
Gorgeous!
For homegrown flower power, try the following:

Left to Right: T-Bags Tie Long Halter Dress, $106, www.revolveclothing.com; Floral Babydoll Bubble Dress, $148, www.ardenb.com
Left to Right: Lotta Stensson Green Floral Dress, $192, www.bluefly.com; Nu Collective Tiered Print Dress, $295, Pink Mascara
For just a hint of spring, go with these cute accents:
Now put a spring in your step!
**********************************************************************
Gotta love my interns y'all!
I'm going to resume my TV watching schedule. The upside to being out of commission is that I have all day to blog! Let's see what I come up with:)
In the meantime, have amazing, fabulous Valentine's days...and have a drink (or two) for me!
Smootches!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know fashion bomb did coverage mainly on ny fashion week. but please do check out (and perhaps feature) duro olowu for autumn 08. i was there at the show and the pieces were amazing!
-wilde

Anonymous said...

hey! hope youre feeling better now. i love the pink flower girl dress...go flower power!!!

Anthony said...

I am Glad you Are Feeling better.. Great Stuff and Congrats on the intern. Must be nice!!!!

Anonymous said...

go girl!

Anonymous said...

wow these dresses are hot especially the nu collection one :)

Anonymous said...

sry i meant nu collective :D