Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!

Hey Y'all,

Happy 2007!!
I had a smashing night out last night!
I'm sure you're wondering what I ended up wearing:) My mom and I hit the pavement the day after Christmas, and found ourselves, of course, at Lord & Taylor.

Though I initially wanted something sequined, I decided that the metallic look would be just as nice (not to mention cheaper). After trying on several options, I chose this gold jacquard pouf strapless dress by Jessica McClintock:

Cute huh?

I didn't take a full on pic, but this should give you an idea of how I accessorized:

That's an Adrianna Papell velvet shrug with a single string of pearls, and vintage pearl and diamond Christian Dior earrings. I found the earrings for only $25 at a thrift store (Brooklyn's Hooti Couture to be exact).
I also channeled my inner designer with the shrug. It initially had velvet strings to tie in the front, but I felt the tie wouldn't look right with the bow on my dress, so...I ended up cutting the strings and sewing the nubs back. Sometimes you have to do a little tailoring to make sure your look is just right:)

Lastly, I popped on these patent peep toe BCBGirls shoes....

....with sheer black stockings.
I was happy with it!

Here's a pic of one of the cute dresses I saw out...

...I liked her train, shoes, and fur. Doesn't hurt that homegirl knows how to strike a fierce pose!

Smootches!

4 comments:

Eunice K. said...

Cute Dress/outfit!! where'd you end up going for new years?

BTW - this is an great time for sales.. everyone is marking down their merchandise even more come jan 4... so hit the high end stores for fabulous gear at bargain prices. I scored a cute Sigrid Olsen blazer for $30 (retail $229)!

Lo' Diva said...

FAB! Hit up all the sales!
WWW.shopeatandsleep.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Claire, I have to say i'm not a fan of the polka dotted dress you have featured. Polka dots in general are iffy to begin with, but a train, this truly looks like something featured on a worst dressed list. Your dress was cute though and I really love the blog!
-Toni

Anonymous said...

Yeah Im gonna have to go with the previous post...too many polka dots!!!!!!! but your dress was way cuter.