Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, January 29, 2007

Spring Preview: Color!

“Hundred carats have 'em froze for an eon/ Red, black, and white Chevy now I'm ridin' Deion/ Put them lights off in my rims, now I'm ridin' neon/ Our cars look like cra-yon, girls know I'm the man though/ I can shoulder lean... I don’t know how to dance tho.”—Young Dro feat T.I., ‘Shoulder Lean’

Hey Y’all,

So I saw this pretty spread in WWD ages ago…


…it talks about how bold, bright colors are the new trend for Spring. Vibrant colors work well on any complexion and instantly pump up the pretty factor. Whether you sport a firy red bag with a standard suit or go all the way with head to toe blue, primary colors will be the ‘it’ thing come March.
Seeing that we’re still at least 2 months shy of anything resembling warm weather, I think this may be a wee bit premature. But I guess it’s never too early to start thinking of sunshine and bare shoulders:)
Smootches!
PS In case ya didn't know...

Serena beat Maria Sharapova in the Australian Open!
From an article by the Associated Press:
“Don't ever tell Serena Williams she can't do something. Her response will be devastating for her opponents. Just ask top-ranked Maria Sharapova. Sharp and intensely focused from the start, Williams simply overwhelmed Sharapova 6-1, 6-2 Saturday to win the Australian Open and her eighth Grand Slam title.
"It was an awesome win, because I had so many critics. So many people ... saying negative things," Williams said. "Saying I wasn't fit, when I felt that I was really fit, and I could last three sets.
"It's always like, tell me no and I'll show you that I can do it. I get the greatest satisfaction just holding up the Grand Slam trophy and proving everyone wrong."

That's right girl. Show and prove.
Happy Monday!

0 comments: