Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jewelry Week Day 3: Sandy Hoof

"Chocolates and flowers die and get eaten, but jewelry is forever.”--Lori Wear


The Fashion Bomb presents Day 3 of Jewelry Week: Sandy Hoof Jewelry by Amber Cartwright!

Heart with Wings, $100

The line comprises pieces made of brass, copper, silver, gold, leather, ribbon and found objects. Items range in price from $50-$150.

Revolver Necklace, $100.

"I really like mixing the pretty with the unusual," says Cartwright who named her line after the mustangs that roam the beaches of her North Carolina hometown. "I have taken inspiration from World War II aviation, Civil War medical instruments, hunting and trapping culture and hipster punk culture of my neighborhood in Manhattan."

Revolver and Cuffs, $100

Craftmanship runs in Cartwright's family, as her grandfather was a welder, her father a carpenter, and her mother a seamstress. She says, "I remember being in the shop with my father making shelves and objects for the house as a child. It was the same with my mother and clothes. I always enjoyed making necklaces and crafts for friends."

Victorian Fan Earrings, $75

Handcuff Necklace, $100.

To buy, visit www.sandyhoof.com, www.lolli-reincarnation.com or www.pixiemarket.com.
Smootches!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of her pieces. Its cool because her jewelry manages to make punk be delicate. So I get to be lady like and subversive at the same time.

Claire I am loving the jewelry updates. LOVE the button necklace from yesterday. I think I may cop one over the weekend

Anonymous said...

I love that this site is updating daily! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I love that this site is updating daily! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I love that this site is updating daily! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I love that this site is updating daily! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I love that this site is updating daily! Keep it up.