Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fun Black Fashion Fact: Paco Rabanne

Did you know??
Parisian designer Paco Rabanne, who made a name for himself in the 60's with his space-age inspired fashions, was the first designer to use black models in his shows...

Left to Right: Paco Rabanne Fashion Show; Donyale Luna wearing Paco Rabanne
His defiance of popular norms almost resulted in his dismissal from the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne.
We had to start somewhere!
Read more about Paco Rabanne here. Don't know who Donyale Luna is? Check out this Fashion Bomb vintage post.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Now there is a blast from the past!!!

I remember his fragrance in the 70's. Everybody and his momma was wearing the scent! I can't remember if it was a man's fragrance or woman's I just remember the smell. (I just dated myself didn't I? LOL!)

I love this blog!