Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, February 09, 2009

Hot! or Hmm... : Grammy Awards

Hey Fashion Bombers!
Vuitton here with a red carpet edition of Hot! or Hmm for the Grammy Awards. Some kept it haute while others left us scratching our heads. Let's take a look:
Jennifer Hudson wore a fabulous origami pleated RM by Roland Mouret dress with suede navy Louboutin pumps...
...she looked amazing and her performance and award only added to her fabulousness. Do it Jenny!
Kim K was saucy in this cute Toni Maticevski number with silver Louboutin slingbacks....
...I think she looked hot! And her makeup gets two thumbs up.
Leona Lewis chose this Randi Rham nude dress for the festivities...
Something about it makes me go Hmm...maybe it's because the dress is too close to her skin and hair color?
Queen Latifah presented an award in a navy blue strapless flapper style dress...
...She looked beautiful. She rarely disappoints.
Our friend Fanny was there in this sequined halter...
...I'm actually not mad at this dress. Fantasia stepped it up a notch, and her shoes are pretty dope!
LeToya Luckett stunted in this fuchsia number with a multi-colored python clutch and sky-blue Louboutins...
...Cute look, and that necklace is to DIE for!
Solange made an appearance in this canary yellow cocktail with a vintage Chanel purse and Pierre Hardy open-toed heels...
...She definitely looked cute, but I'm getting more Hmm...than Hot! I expected more from Solange!
Songstress Estelle wore this Bernard Chandran dress with Giuseppe Zanotti open-toed booties to go for a more edgy look on the red carpet...
The chunky necklace is haute, but you can't really see it because of the shoulder detail of the dress. Hmmm...
Jordin Sparks wore this embellished floor grazer by Arizona based designer Debra Davenport...
I like the silhouette of the dress, but something about the pattern makes me go Hmm...
Vanessa and Angela Simmons looked cute and springy in their dresses...
...loving that bright yellow, Vanessa!
And lastly Keyshia Cole vamped it up in this black, semi sheer gown...
Hair and makeup were en pointe, but I'm not feeling this dress. The fit leaves a bit to be desired, and the sheer overlay makes me go Hmm... Maybe if the dress were shorter I'd be sold...
What do you guys think?
~Vuitton
PS Red Carpet Regular Rihanna was noticeably absent. Hmmm...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

KC's dress reminds me of Lucille Ball's overlay. I was not feeling it at all. She seemed to be trying to hard all week in L.A.
I love Solange btu her and Latoya's outfits read a more casual event like a movie premiere not the Grammy's.

Anonymous said...

nice work Vuitton!

I loved keyshia's dress. but, it def should have been shorter....afterall, that is the point of the sheer overlay....

keyshia and kim killed it in the make-up and hair department....they both looked beautiful.

and i LOVED jenny's dress. gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Queen Latifah's skin is amazing!!! I wasn't really feeling Keyshia's look...it was very Ashanti!

Anonymous said...

MEh. Nothing really stood out to me at the grammys. I wish Rihanna was there. I'll pray for her.

Anonymous said...

well i can't stand keyshia cole so everything she does is a hmm to me, but otherwise i think everyone looks pretty good and definitely ready for spring.

Anonymous said...

well i can't stand keyshia cole so everything she does is a hmm to me, but otherwise i think everyone looks pretty good and definitely ready for spring.

Anonymous said...

Great work Vuitton have to say... I wanted Solange to pull it out the bag!!

Anonymous said...

Great work Vuitton, keep the posts coming. Only suggestion be sure to proofread as this post and the last both have at least one type.
So glad that you are on the team!

Anonymous said...

So I definitely loved Solange's ensemble. She knew exactly how to tone it down and I am truely proud of her.

Anonymous said...

I Love this post! Im happy that Jenny looked great and Kim K looked amazing. I want her shoes! I think the problem with Leona Lewis dress is that it does not fit properly around the bust. I would have loved to see what Rihanna would have wore. She wasn't there because ALLEGEDY Chris Brown punched her in the face hours before the Grammys and she went for treatment and then pressed charges against him.

najahf said...

oh my goodness. i want vanessa's dress. so beautiful!

J said...

KC's dress may have been a hmnn.. but it's undeniable that her body, skin, and make-up is on-point.

Queen, solange, Kim, etc...their skin is awesome!

-loved the post by-the-way Vuitton.

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh Vuitton is holding it down! Keisha's dress definitely should have been shorter...The Simmons gals killed it...Cant stand Estelle's style...Solange's dress was too small....it kept riding down...Fantasia's dress was too long...

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh Vuitton is holding it down! Keisha's dress definitely should have been shorter...The Simmons gals killed it...Cant stand Estelle's style...Solange's dress was too small....it kept riding down...Fantasia's dress was too long...

Jessica said...

http://www.shopbop.com/origami-pleated-dress-hanii-y/vp/v=1/845524441837741.htm?folderID=2534374302076779&fm=browse-category-viewall-shopbysize

LeToya Luckett is wearing this Hanii Y Origami Pleated sateen dress...of course it was hemmed for an edgier Grammy-glam look.