Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Fun Black Fashion Fact: Tyra Banks

Did you know??
Aside from making waves as a talk show host and creator of American's Next Top Model, Tyra Banks made history as the first black model to appear on the covers of GQ, Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue, and the Victoria's Secret catalog in 1996 and 1997.

The California girl, who once said, "I've always seen modeling as a stepping stone," used her experiences to catapult her into magazines and onto television screens around the world.
Fierce!

5 comments:

Elegance said...

I think people should give her a break. She worked hard to get to where she is and atleast she isn't snobby and mean. She's not perfect but she;s better than a lot of women in the spotlight.

Anonymous said...

Three Things:
1. I was in high school in 1996. I feel like I'm pretty young. Why did it take these mags so long to have a black girl on the cover?
2. Why, in two out of three covers, is she wearing some sort of exotic print?
3. The Tyra I know now is not a bikini Tyra. She was a little scandalous when she first hit the scene. She's the master spindoctor if I've ever seen one b/c Ty Ty is all about wholesome not bucksome these days!

Anonymous said...

I know one this for certain... and that's her BODY IS CRAZY SICK!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry got a little bit to happy. I meant to say "thing" not this.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Tyra...thats all lol