Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, January 30, 2009

Mail Bombs: Beyonce's Grey Pumps, Gabrielle's Reem Acra Gown, and Victoria Beckham's Posh Look!

It's Friday!
Let's do what we do best!
First Marchelle says, "I was wondering if you can tell me who designed the grey platforms Beyonce's wearing here..."
"...I would so loooove to get my hands on them!"
Adriana says, "Beyonce's rocking a version of these suede Casadei heels with a crocodile skin-covered platform, part of Casadei's Crocodile Shock collection from Fall/Winter 08-09:"
"...Visit www.cassadei.com for store locations."
Next, Camille says, "Could you help me find the name of the designer of the black dress Gabrielle Union wore to the BET Honors?"
"...Luv it!"
Gabby's wearing the black version of this Reem Acra Pre Fall 2009 gown...
Get a similar look with this $250 ABS Allen Schwartz Black Jersey One Shouldered Gown:
...from www.bluefly.com.
Anne says, "I really need your help replicating this outfit worn by Victoria Beckham..."
"...The skirt doesn't necessarily have to be leather, I just want it to be the same color. Thanks so much!"
Adriana says, "Here's how to get the look of the may-jah one herself:"


1. Marc Jacobs Brown Square Sunglasses, $98. 2. Banana Republic Stretch Cotton Blouse, $59. 3. Steve Madden Dionne Sandal, $113. 4. Linea Pelle Women's Leather Belt, $113. 5. Charlotte Russe Twill Salmon Skirt, $23.
And in a male mail bomb, Cornelius says, "I try extremely hard to be as diverse as possible--I would rather stand out than blend in with the crowd! Can you help me find this thing that Chris Brown has around his neck?"
"...I'm not sure what it's called but I think it's awesome."
Hmmm, looks like Chris is wearing a Snood, an accessory that is both a scarf and a hood. If you want to spend, Barney's has this Elder Stateman version for $1,138:
If that's too much, try this Fair Isle Knit Snood for $15 from Urban Outfitters:
Good luck!
Now for wardrobe queries!
Cynthia says, "Are sequined outfits going out of style? I saw this cute sequined skirt..."
"...and was wondering what it could be worn with? Would you suggest that I buy it (or will it be out of style?)"
Cynthia, sequins *never* go out of style. They're the go to outfit adornment for any high wattage event:

For your skirt, I'd say let it shine on its own, and balance out the sparkle with a low key black jacket or blazer with an eye catching clutch (go for a saucy tux aura):

Left to Right: Guess Diamond Blazer, $90. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Waistcoat, $69. Forever 21 Glitter Clutch, $17.

Lastly, Lisandra says, "I'm a 21-year-old college student and I am looking to put a few pairs of cute sneakers in my wardrobe. Something cute but still affordable, I don't want to spend more than $100 unless they are just super cute. Please help me step my sneaker game up!"
Sure. Try these affordable options:

1. Creative Recreation 'Cesario Lo' Sneaker, $80. 2. Converse Silver Sneaker, $67. 3. Alexander McQueen Puma Shoes, $92. 4. Puma Mostro Perf Sneaker, $100. 5. Diesel Women's Live Rush Sneaker, $40. 6. Adidas Adi Hoop Mid, $50. 7. Nike Track Racer Women's Shoe, $75. 8. Creative Recreation 'Dicoco' Sneaker, $100.
Pssst, check out this vintage FB post on cute, fashionable sneakers (I wrote it right after I had foot surgery!)
That does it for today:)
Have fabulous weekends! Countdown to Fashion Week begins today!
Bisous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Fashion bombers for answering my mail bomb! :-)

Anonymous said...

For the Snood, I would also suggest 21 Maroon Colony!

https://secure.21bizarre.com/store/View.asp?Product=3132

Anonymous said...

A snood...LOL