Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mail Bombs: Garcelle's Tracy Reese Dress, Nene's Plaid Shirt, and Alicia Keys' Jumpsuit!

We've got lots of *great* intern applicants, and I can't wait for the contest next week! I'm super excited, but of course we must make time for Mail Bombs...
...let's go!
First Ollie says, "I love the dress that Garcelle Beavais-Nilon had on at a recent In Style event..."
"...Can you tell me who makes it????"
Yup! Garcelle is wearing this floral Tracy Reese frock...
The designer herself wore it at the conclusion of her Spring 2009 RTW show.
Shana says, "I just saw this photo shoot of Nene by the very talented Derek Blanks, but all I could really focus on was this plaid shirt..."
"...Please help me find it, I NEED it...or at the very least want it really bad. :-)"
Nene better work! Adriana searched and said, "I couldn't find NeNe's exact shirt, and searched several sites... The closest I could find was this $36 American Living Ruffled Plaid Shirt...."
"...from www.jcpenney.com." Hey, it's similar and for $36, it's a steal!
Next, Alissa says, "I love Alicia Keys' Black & White jumpsuits..."
"...Can you please help me find similar looks?"
Of course. Try these high and low priced items for a stage ready presence:


1. Robert Rodriguez V-Neck Jumpsuit, $363. 2. Arden B Knit Tube Jumpsuit, $68. 3. Black Halo Strapless Stretch Jumpsuit, $450. 4. Stella McCartney Twill Halter Jumpsuit, $995.
Now for a few wardrobe queries!
First, Suai says, "I'm wearing this dress for a big event..."
"I had to return the shoes to my stylist, so I'd like to know what shoe to wear instead. Also, should I go with opaque stockings again? Or something more sheer? I'm lost when it comes to dressy looks!!"
Adriana says, "If you want to give the look a chic, hipster edge, keep the opaque black tights and opt for a streamlined black platform shoe, preferably with an ankle strap to mirror the form-fitting silhouette of the pencil skirt. Try these two-textured options from Gucci and RSVP:"

Left to Right: Gucci Eva Platform, $447; RSVP Tate Platform, $72
"To channel your inner siren (think Beyonce at a cocktail party), go for bare legs and a sexy, pointy-toed pump in a dark red (distinct enough for pop of color, but not so bright where it will overwhelm the outfit):"
Khadijah says, "I'm having a dilemma with purses. I have my work purse, purses to take to clubs, bars, and restaurants, but I don't have a casual purse for going to the movies, brunch, going to the mall, or just hanging out. Could you show me some casual, affordable bags in a few different sizes or styles???? I'm going to see "Notorious" this weekend--I want to look good..lol!!"
Gotta stay fly! Here are a few medium sized affordable options, fit for the movies and the mall:

1. Anya Hindmarch for Target Small Python Hobo Bag, $25. 2. Nine West Metallic Slouchy Hobo, $60. 3. Express Genuine Suede Fringe Hobo, $79.50 4. Deux Lux Doublecross Bag, $68. 5. Kenneth Cole Aim to Pleats Bag, $104.
Lastly, Suzy says, "I am throwing an old Hollywood party for my 21st birthday at B.B. Kings. I need a vintage inspired outfit that will stand out but is still recession conscience. Can you please help?"
I'd recommend going for a flapper look for old Hollywood! Try these options, which are recession friendly and under $150:

1. Royal Blue Flapper Dress, $72. 2. French Connection Beaded One Shoulder Flapper Dress, $120. 3. Silence & Noise Knit Bead Flapper Dress, $55. 4. Armani Exchange Fringe Mini Dress, $79.
That does it!
Be sure to tune in on Monday for our First Intern Challenge!
Bisous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Nene's top was def hot. It's a Anne Fontaine top, not available online...

Anonymous said...

Get your fab Black Halo jumpsuit in black at http://ladyeeboutique.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=68 Ladyee Boutique for less!

Unknown said...

Suai is actually a recording artist signed to Universal motown..