Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, January 19, 2009

Real Style: The Fashion Bomb Intern Contest!

Happy Monday!
So today is a big day: it's day one of the Fashion Bomb intern contest! We received over 50 submissions from fashionistas all over the continent--from Florida to New York, Cali to Chicago and even Canada!
As soon as candidates e-mailed their interest, we put them to work to scour their local town for Real Style. Read on for the 411 on our finalists, and also tell us: do they have what it takes?
Our first Fashion Bomb Intern contestant is Vuitton Bain:


A University student in Canada, Vuitton is a native Bahamian and fashion fanatic! He says, "To me, fashion is more than just the label. You have to understand colors, textures, the design aesthetic of designers, the poetry involved in creating that garment. I'd like to believe that I have an innate sense of style, and when it comes to fashion, I know I'd get the job done perfectly." I think so too! For his Real Style, he snapped a picture of a fly young lady, "wearing a feathered tube dress paired with a vintage belt and pink FCUK pumps..."
Great job, Vuitton. Looking forward to seeing more!
Our next finalist is Suzy from Orlando, Florida:
A fashion student, Suzy says, "I believe that style comes from within no matter where you are..." With a tight deadline, Suzy decided to submit Real Style from her church service:
They better work!
Next up, we have Jemise...
...a student at Hampton University, Jemise looked to a few of her fellow students for style inspiration...

She says, "I decided to get some real guy style since I'm sure you'll get lots of pictures of fabulous ladies!" Good thinking!
Representing for the South is Fashion Bomber Ashley...
...a senior at The University of Southern Mississippi, she says, "I have two major missions in life 1) to bring awareness to the unique style found in the southern states, and 2) promote awareness of the beauty in being brown within the fashion industry." For her Real Style, she kept it local, snapping a few pics with friends:
Fun!
Last but not least, we have Amber..
She says, "For me, studying, analyzing, reading about and just looking at fabulous clothes, shoes and bags, makes me want to challenge myself to work at creating the fiercest wardrobe possible." She captured a bit of cool winter style in her neighborhood...
...that does it!
Adriana and I are so excited about this contest, and know the interns will knock your socks off!
Stay tuned this week for their posts, and remember, on Friday, you vote for your favorite.
Until then, what do you think of our candidates? Are they the bomb or what?
Bisous!
*Huge THANK YOU to everyone who entered. We wish we could pick you all:)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously no disrespect but if this is all we have to choose from I suggest you have a round two of candidates... like seriously??? nothing is WOWing me into actually wanting to know their opinions on style or fashion... harsh, but i'm just sayin...

Anonymous said...

I think they did a good job with Real Style!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first anonymous comment. I like the first candidate from Canada only by deafault because he has the most style out of the bunch. I'm not a "hater" or jealous. I was just really expecting be to knocked off my feet by some amazing style mavens and I was a lil' dissapointed. Everyone else looks "average".

Anonymous said...

is it about how they look or what they can do?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree round two, please! Sorry for being so straight up, but I think its more people out there who deserves this opportunity and who are really serious about fashion. Maybe this is all you guys had to choose from idk but I think you all at fashion bomb and the readers, deserve another round. Please!! PS keep the canidate from canada he's serious and has real style!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say well done to everyone you can defo see they are FBers good luck

p.s. Vuitton you've got my vote!

Anonymous said...

Just because you dress nice doesn't mean your serious about fashion. It doesn't mean that your going to be great in the fashion industry.

Anonymous said...

what good is a fashionable outfit if someone can't write? Do you think all Anna Wintour does is wear great clothes?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first comment. I mean as a regular reader of FB I was a bit disappointed to see the Real Style Photos (other than the first finalist). And while yes, looking the part isn't everything, it should at least be half of the deal. If you're a great writer of all things fashionable yet you don't walk the walk (or shall I say look the part) can you really be considered a true fashionista?

Anonymous said...

Im so sad I just recieved my follow up emails today .So I didnt have the opportunity to submit my real style photoz...but everyone is more than welcome to check out my skill on Facebook.Just search Glamazin' its my own little fashion group with my bestfriends :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely feel like these ppl are really average and if they aren't studying fashion or have a interest in fashion, career wise...than I don't think they're ideal. I think whoever you all choose should want to be in the fashion industry, be able to write and have something interesting to bring to the table. The daily bread is very boring although Vuitton can dress(He's quite fierce) I am not interested in his feature.

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,

I'm not quite sure these finalists are "Bomb".. If your blog were made up of these so-called "Real Style" posts, then I would not be avid reader. Mr. Bain seemed to be on the right track and Jemis' personal pic was a better representation of real style than the picture she submitted. Lets try a style off between the two?

Fatiya from Harris' Breaking Into Fashion Forum.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comments above. This selection of finalists is mediocre.