Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, January 12, 2009

Hot! or Hmm...:Golden Globes

The Golden Globes were in full effect this weekend with a bevy of bomb beauties representing on the red carpet. You tell me, were their outfits Hot? Or did they make you go Hmmm....
Beyonce stunted in this strapless metallic Elie Saab number...
I'm loving the dramatic necklace along with her teardrop earrings. The thigh length slit on her gown is a little hmm, but overall snaps to Bey. She looked hot!
America Ferrera also went for metallic in this silver one shouldered Oscar de la Renta...
This is how you do a non-floor-length dress to an awards show. Hot!
Undercover fashionista Taraji Henson opted for a floral print with a cascading train...
...Hmmm, I was hoping for something a little hotter. A nice look, but I've seen her with more sass!
Eva Mendes went for white in this Dior gown...
Like Bey, I love her necklace, but what's up the the huge bow? Hmm...
Salma Hayek also showed out in a white Dior gown...
..this choice hits her curves in all the right places. Hot! Hot! Hot!
Eva Longoria Parker was ravishing in a red Reem Accra...
...lovely fabric and a wonderful fit. Hot!
Lastly, Jenny from the block made an appearance in a gold Marchesa floor grazer...
...um, is that crushed velvet? I'm having flashbacks to her Diddy days with the low cut front and back. Hmm....
What do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did love Tariji's dress.Eva Langoria's dress.. IT WAS MY FAVORITE! She looks great in red.. I agree about J. Lo.

Demi Moore looked great in my opinion .

Check out this blog: http://stylistakt.blogspot.com/

LaTanya B. said...

A lot of these celebrities have already done the looks that they chose (Beyonce with the strapless, high split dress, America with the a-line at the knee, Selma with a lot of cleavage) I'm a little bored.

I did like Eva Mendez's dress. I thought it was a good look for her. I have to agree with your thought on Taraji. I expected more also. I think it was a little to early after having babies to pull out the backless number from J.Lo. Lastly, I liked Eva Longoria in the red dress. Simple and chic.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Demi looked hot hot haute! I too am with a much younger man and you think about looking hot next to him. She has the B. Button thing going on. I would knock Eva M. down for that necklace, but the rest ugh! I hated that bird's nest hair and the dress did nothing for her. I thought Taraji played it safe, but she's probably a little nervous stepping out into the big Hollywood awards season machine. Eva L's dress fit her like a dream. Bey seemed unsure of herself on the carpet. When she was interviewed she kept going back to a frozen pose with her hand on her hip. Overall the Globes were nice, but not breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

One more thing, Drew Barrymore. Her look was awful, her face blended in with that drab- and colored dress. The hair was a mess. You can't have that kind of hairstyle with roots.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved Taraji Henson and Eva Longoria Parker . The both looked amazing. Beyonce seems to always wear Elie Saab on the red carpet, so no surprise there. J.Lo's look seems oddly out of place and completely inappropriate for the Golden Globes. When you compare Eva Longoria and J.Lo, the look like they are at completely different events. Jenny should have definitely toned it down last night.

Anonymous said...

the silhouette of j lo's dress is hot but the fabrication gets a big HMMMMM....

A*E* said...

Eva Longoria Parker and Selma Hayek looked fabulous!

Shawniece Pinckney said...

Loving America's look, hating J-Lo's...it just looks tacky. And to Hilllerie, I agree. Drew Barrymore looked awful from the neck up but her dress was pretty darn gorgeous in a nice simple chic way. Beyonce and Eva Longoria's red carpet looks are always blah to me, I never look forward to those two.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that practically all the celebs seem to make the conscious and tasteful decision to shy away from conspicuous displays of bling — in keeping I'm sure with the current economic crisis — except Bey. Very pretty but utterly clueless.