Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hot! or Hmm..: Kanye's New Look

There's quite a bit of men's style today on The Fashion Bomb, and everyone's been talking about Kanye West's different look in the promo pics for his 808s & Heartbreak album, dropping later this year:

I rock with Kanye tough. And I love a style risk-taker. I'm going to go out on a limb (and I might be the only one) and say this is Hot in a Hmm-ish way just because I think Kanye's too smart to debut this look without having a (dope) plan behind it. Something tells me the nerd-chic steez might have a lot to do with the album's music (and its title).
Adriana

8 comments:

Elegance said...

I know he has an unusual fashion sense so I guess the clothes are okay for him but no one else on earth. There's something about the beard that is too much I think. His hair is cool though.

Fashion Guru said...

IT LOOKS GOOD ON HIM ONLY LOL

Danielle said...

I would have said hot if we haven't already seen him rocking this look 2 or 3 times already. It's like "OK, we GET it already, Kanye"...lol

Anonymous said...

It kinda looks like a black pee wee herman costume

Marleisse Avery said...

I guess it's hot... but I think it's been done by other artists before? It's nothing new except for the fact that he's a black 'rapper' with a style that's stereotypically worn by white male artist....??? But it's dope just cause it's Kanye... but I hate his new single Love Lockdown... I think it's one of those songs that he thought was dope so he made his first single... but nobody else did...-_-

Toni said...

very peewee hermamesque

Anonymous said...

I kind of like the idea of the straight look - it gives the youth a chance to give "upwardly mobile" lifestyle a chance. The tweed suit kind of fits in with your Monday Fun video with the wool business suits - with leather underneath. The idea of keeping your private life under your business suit is good financial advice. The beard says to me "Islam-Lite" or "church boy" - which means no diseases.

tee said...

***[SMH and sighing deeply]***