Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, October 24, 2008

Mail Bombs: Meagan Good's Hot Shoes, Beyonce's Covergirl Look, and Keyshia Cole's Freakum Dress

It's mighty cold in Paris, but Mail Bombs are always hot!
Let's get it poppin!
First Ayo says, "I'm hoping you can help me find the designer of these shoes Meagan Good has on..."
"...I covet them!"
I must agree, that look is hot! Adriana found that Meagan is wearing these Jimmy Choo Glenys Sandals...
...Get 'em for $960 at www.jimmychoo.com.
Next, Melody asks, "Can you tell me who designed Bey's dress..."
"...and where I can get it or something similar? It looks kind of House of Dereon-ish, but not sure."
Hot it is, but House of Dereon it is not! Bey is rocking this Gucci dress from their Resort 2009 Collection:
For a similar look, Adriana found this $220 BCBGMAXAZRIA Silk Lurex Shadow Bloom Print Halter Gown:
Good luck!
Margery from Brooklyn says, "I was just wondering where I can find Keyshia Cole's dress ..."
"...I have a party coming up and I just love the details!"
Keyshia is wearing this Herve Leger dress from his Fall 2008 Ready to Wear collection:
Adriana found that it retails for $1,590 at www.herveleger.com. Splurge, or just wait for Bebe to come out with something similar!
Next, reader Dania has a question about a Mail Bombs newcomer, Keisha Knight Pulliam:
She says, "Can you tell me who designs the brown suede boots Keisha is rocking in this photo??"
It seems Rudy is wearing these $579 Belle by Sigerson Morrison Boots:
...get 'em at zappos.com
Now for a few wardrobe queries!
Prisca says, "I want to know where I can find a set like this..."
"...I have an event that needs me to wear a vest, and this was a creative way of doing so. Please help!"
I searched and found this event appropriate Wayne Vest Shorts Jumpsuit in Black:
Get it for $275 at www.revolveclothing.com.
Lastly, Leslie says, "Here's a picture of the dress that I bought for my 21st birthday party:"
"I was wondering what color shoes I should get?? Initially, I figured I should get black pumps however, I wanted to do something a little more creative? Any ideas???"
Hey Leslie! Boo on black! I am a strong advocate of wearing metallic shoes in almost all dressy circumstances. They're saucy, sophisticated, and neutral, so they can match virtually anything! If you want to stay safe, go with these options:
Left to Right: Charles David Gold Metallic Leather 'Kailey' sandals, $135; Guess by Marciano Okanarra Sandal, $99; Anne Klein New York Women's Afina Slide, $295.
If you, however, really want to be adventurous and 'shut it down' as Rachel Zoe would say, play with patterns or colors. A leopard or exotic print can also be pretty neutral, and a multi-tone shoe plays off the color of your dress without being too matchy matchy:
1. Jessica Simpson Women's Jinkx T-Strap Pump, $49. 2.Betsey Johnson Women's Felicia Pump, $150. 3.Report Pink Snakeprint Pumps, $55.50 4. Christian Louboutin Gold Leather Graffiti Detail 'Pigalle' pumps, $540.
Have fun and have great weekends!
I'm going to dip into a Louis Vuitton exhibit and also try to find some Parisian style.
Until then...
Bisous!
*** Today's the last day to purchase your Fashion Bomb T-Shirt before the Shop Shuts Down. And FYI: The site is NOT shutting down! Just the Shop! Hurry up and buy! Bye!

7 comments:

Fashion Guru said...

loving meagan good's shooes

Anonymous said...

That purple dress is fiyaaaaaah! Who makes it?

Anonymous said...

As a detour, I was wondering if there could be a Fall/Winter companion post to this story (thanks for the shoutout, by the way):

http://www.the-fashion-bomb.com/2008/06/your-summer-work-wardrobe-guide-part-3.html

I'm loving the incorporation of more men's style posts, and I think this would be great as well. I hope you're loving Paris. Bisous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I have got to get a pair of those Jimmy Choo sandals! I have to look chic for a night at the opera with my husband coming up and I just bought a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings from www.idonowidont.com and the shoes will top off my red carpet look that I want to have!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

B looks great in that dress. Good look for her.

alicia
http://todaystyle.today.com/

Anonymous said...

very nice and very interesting thankx!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to drop by and say that i absolutely lovee your blog! :)

xoxo,
La C