Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, October 17, 2008

Mail Bombs: Tyra's Top, Chic Raincoats, Raven's Boots, Baby Shower Style

Cheries,
I'm piloting just for today as Mademoiselle Sulmers makes her debut in Paris. She sends virtual "Smootches!" along with a few Mail Bombs, below. Let's get to it!

Fashion Bomber Tonia asks, "I must cop this top Tyra is wearing. Can you tell me who makes it?"

Claire investigated and found that Tyra is actually wearing this modified Mara Hoffman dress from the designer's Fall 2008 line:

Next, reader India writes, "How can I find a dress like Kelis's???"

Claire recommends any one of these options:

1. Chaiken Mini Dress, $130 2. Tibi Shift Dress, $200 3. Taylor Eyelet Shift, $55
From Tolu we have: "I'm a college student looking for a rain coat (preferably hooded) that's cute and inexpensive. Any suggestions?"
Fall's a good time to get your rain gear on point. Here are a few ideas that hopefully fit your budget:

1. Andrew Marc Silver Hooded Rain Jacket, $135, 2. Aqua Cropped Waterproof Jacket (with hood), $42 3. Hilary Radley Belted Rain Coat, $90,
FB'er Tyi e-mails, "I would kill for the boots Raven is rocking! It's harder to find knee and thigh boots for thick chicks. Can you please help me out?!"

One of the go-to places online to find stylish specialty shoes is Zappos. Not only can you search by size, style, width, and color (all at once), but their inventory is endless and shipping is free (even if you decide to return your shoes). Check out these fabulous boot selections that accommodate fuller legs:

1. Bouquets Wide Calf Boots, $94 2. Stuart Weitzman Best Boots, $263 3. RSVP Elana Boot, $154
FB Mom-to-be Cleona writes, "My baby shower is in November and I have nothing to wear. I want a look that's cute and sexy that will still compliment my growing belly and figure. Any ideas?"
Congrats! As for baby shower outfits, I really like these pieces from Liz Lange Maternity for Target and Gap Maternity:

1. Gap Tie-Front Dress, $58 2. Liz Lange for Target Ribbed Empire Dress, $30 3. Liz Lange for Target 3/4 Sleeve Wrap Dress, $30 4. Gap Ruffle-Neck Dress, $78
Finally, Nicole asks, "I want to inquire about the sunglasses that Will Smith wore to the Secret Life of Bees premiere. I've looked everywhere and can't find out who makes them."

We couldn't find the designer, either, but here are some shades similar to the ones Will sported:

1. Yves Saint Laurent 2218S Sunglasses, $205 2.D&G 6016 Sunglasses, $139
That's a wrap for Mail Bombs!
bon weekend,
Adriana

5 comments:

Fashion Guru said...

once again great finds

Kingsmomma said...

re: the baby shower
For my baby shower I wore a very nice dress and some leopard print pumps. My dress was not maternity as many styles I found for maternity were a bit frumpy and the stylish gear stuff was way too expensive.
Depending on your size I would just go with a very nice sweater dress (victoria secret has a few) in a nice winter color and accessorize that. It accentuates the stomach without looking frumpy.

Anonymous said...

I like zappos.They offer you so much variety that it is literally impossible to choose :D. Just kidding! really a wide variety of products to choose from.
Thanks for posting these wonderful pics :)

M* said...

THANKZ!!

HEY I HAD A FASHION BOMB QUESTION:

I LOVE THOSE SHARP FIERCE HEELS JANET JACKSON is WEARING next to TYRA BANKS..WHERE or WHO made THEM????

thnk

Mari of SunriseSundown.Blogspot.com

GFS said...

I would much rather know where that wrap came from that janet jackson is wearing:)