Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Paris Fashion Week: Les Shoes

Coco Chanel famously remarked that fashion begins from the bottom up. While the bottom she referred to was the streets, for this post we're going to reinterpret it to mean the shoes (I think CC would understand and even encourage it), oui?Instead of our usual, clothes-focused show review (and because I've got a *serious* shoe itch this week), we're going to do something a little different and round-up of some of the fabulous shoes featured in last week's Spring 2009 Paris shows. The Fashion Bomb gives you:

Paris Fashion Week: Les Shoes
And who better to lead off than the House that Chanel built?
Chanel: playful and feminine, with touches of maribou, lace, sheer. A very 1940s feel, no?

Louis Vuitton: tribal and eye-catching. Shoes like these MUST be the focal point of your outfit in order to pull them off.

Givenchy: I can't take my eyes off the green metallic pump. Just fierce.

Christian Dior: What do you think of the fertility doll heels that caught everyone's eye? Hmmm...

Viktor & Rolf: One of my favorite designers, they didn't disappoint with distinctive, funky shoes.

Giambattista Valli: modern and sexy. The platform soles remind me of my beloved Marni from two seasons ago.

Christian Lacroix: full of bows and charms, like wearing treats on your feet.

Yves Saint Laurent: a bit high-concept. The ankle-strap ones are growing on me the more I look at them, though.

Dries Van Noten: another of my faves, these shoes deviate a bit from his normal minimalist style and have a bit of a tribal feel, too.

Favorites? Disappointments? Weigh in!
Adriana
*Images courtesy of Style.com.

11 comments:

maylady84 said...

i want ALL of those Givenchy's!!! gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!

maylady84 said...

and the Dior's!!!!

Kingsmomma said...

shoes, my weakness.. I am really in love with the Viktor and Rolfe and the Givenchy's

But i am curious since Tribal is in whether these designers are contributing some percentage of their sells to help out those cultures/countries that have served as an inspiration to these designs.

Zavysmamma said...

Those Givenchy Green heels ROCK...Oh my goodness. I also like the Diors!!!

Anonymous said...

All those shoes look like they HURT!

Fashion Guru said...

lol @ all those shoes look like they hurt...im loving the dior shoes though

Anonymous said...

I love the Louis Vuitton shoes but those heels look dangerous! I agree - they look like they hurt, lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the givenchys...nicely made

Anonymous said...

Those silver Givenchy shoes are the sick, and I love the platform on the Giambatista Valli's. Makes a chick look like she's floating across the floor. D.O.P.E.

Anonymous said...

shoes, shoes, shoes. Life should be this simple...

Anonymous said...

The Christian Lacroix shoes, are cute. But I think he could've put a different color bow on the yellow ones. Didn't have to necessarily match it, but it'd get boring to see.

Givenchy; Just adorable.

LV; I'd only go for the 1st and 3rd(minus that big orange bead and the front part. Too bulky for me.

And Chanel is just plain CUTE! Sweetheart look. The 4th one reminds me of Cinderella.

I like Dior for the heels... but the rest of the shoe is boring to me.