Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, October 31, 2008

Mail Bombs: Ciara's Hot Stiletto's and Kim Kardashian's Over the Knee Boots

Happy Halloween!
Are y'all dressing up for the big fete? I think my Halloween celebration will be dull for several reasons: First, I heard from my homies that the Frenchies don't 'do' Halloween. Second, my five (yes FIVE) suitcases were so packed full of shoes and dresses that I had no room at all for a funky, creative costume. I wonder what I can be based off my wardrobe? I guess I can go as a magazine editor...?
However you celebrate Halloween, these Mail Bombs should start your day off with kick...
...let's not delay!
First, reader Chanel fell in love with yesterday's Ciara post! She says, "I neeeed these shoes in my life!! LOL!!"
"Can you find out the designer, and maybe some good alternatives??"
Adriana searched and found that Cici is wearing these Balenciaga Patent Escarpin Booties from its Fall 2008 collection:
Here are a few less expensive alternatives:
1. RSVP Macey Boot, $83. 2. Donald J Pliner Chad Bootie, $290. 3. Lotus Zip Front Ankle Bootie, $240.
Next Cherelle says, "I saw this picture of Julissa at a BET premier, and I was wondering where I could find her skirt?"
"... Whether it’s the exact make or a replica, I think it's hot fall look!"
Pair a black top and tights with these beauts for a similar style:
1. Amuleti J Knee Length Skirt, $238. 2. Forever 21 Mina Slub Textured Skirt, $20. 3. Robert Rodriguez Tweed Tie Front Skirt, $160. 4. Milly Stretch Cotton Bow Pencil Skirt, $130.
Jess from Jersey says, "I'm not exactly sure why Mel B. has been getting so much spotlight these past few months but I AM taking notice of her major style game. Can we please talk about this dress she has on? "
"I love this look for two reasons: 1) She manages to pull off the conservative but sexy look- snaps. 2) This is extremely seasonally appropriate but the pop of color is a nice change from the more typically muted fall colors. I need this look! I love it, from the fishnet stockings down to the bold red pumps. Any suggestions?"
Sure! Achieve Mel B's chic with these high and low priced items:
1. Diane von Furstenberg Ludlow Dress in Electric Blue, $395. 2. Wolford Twenties Fishnet Stockings, $42. 3. Oh Deer! Praline Red Patent Pumps, $75. 4. Aldo Frosury Pumps, $80.
Next Fashion Bomber Bianca says, "I saw this picture of Kim Kardashian and fell in love with her over the knee boots:"
"...The leather looks like buttah! :)"
If you want a flat black over the knee boot, you can go with any of these winter ready options:
1. Banfi Zambrelli Olive Over the Knee Boot, $855. 2. Calvin Klein Footwear Women's "Mazzie" Over-The-Knee Leather Flat Boots, $220. 3. Loeffler Randal Riley Over Knee Zip Boots, $825. 4. Steve Madden Overpass Boot, $230.
Ashley from Cali says, "I love voluminous scarves, but have never been able to find a really great one. Can you tell me more about Eve's scarf..."
"...Or help me find something similar?"
I could be wrong, but I think Eve is wearing a Yarnz Scarf:
Left to Right: Yarz Zebra Scarf, Yarnz Neo Python Scarf, $165.
They specialize in voluminous cashmere scarves in great colors and patterns. I could've sworn I saw Eve's style, but couldn't find it! If you want an alternative, Adriana found these:
Left to Right: AKA New York Scarf, $139; Asos Oversized Long Check Scarf, $20.
Lastly, a male Mail Bomb! Cheria wanted this look for her boo:
Get your squeeze the essentials of an R Les look with these:
1. Mackage Shane Moto Leather Jacket in Black, $649. 2. Stussy Deluxe Jack Plaid Shirt, $143. 3. Creative Recreation Milano Hi in Oxblood, $200.
Bisous!
If you dress up for Halloween, send me some pix!

6 comments:

lauren said...

Those shoes at the top!!! Wow HOTNESS! LOVE IT! xxx

tee said...

I freakin fell out of my seat when I saw those shoes Ciara was wearing!! Hott Daymn those shoes are tight!

Anonymous said...

EVE- PLEASE stop trying to look like Jack from J.Davey- just because they're underground doesn't mean you have to bite her style... wow... i mean WOW it is SOOOOOOOOO obvious with that hair, a complete replica

Anonymous said...

When I studied abroad in Italy 2 years ago, they didn't celebrate Halloween much either. Really, only the bars that catered to American College students jumped on board.
Our creative costumes included: A socialite (short tight dress, large purse, stuffed dog) and a MAC make up girl (black fishnets, black boots, black shorts and top as well as a fanny pack with make up and brushes. And of course crazy makeup).
Happy Halloween

Bsquared86 said...

Those over the knee boots are hot! I'm definitely adding them to my christmas list!

Anonymous said...

thanks Claire for the help with the scarf. geez, you guys are on your job!!! that was such a qucik response. loves it. thanks again.