Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Claire & Adriana's New Years Fashion Resolutions

So it's New Years Eve!!
My boo and I are flying to London to party it up. What are you doing for the big day?
Along with celebrating with loved ones, this is the time to make resolutions for the New Year. Last Year, My Resolutions for the Fashion Bomb were quite simple:

1. Take the Fashion Bomb International (Hello! Checking in from Paris!)
2. Chill on the Big Ticket Items (I did do that--and managed to find quality items at sample sales).
3. Take the Fashion Bomb to the Stratosphere! (Work in progress, though we've certainly come a long way!)
With an eye on the future, Adriana and I are going to give you our New Years Fashion Resolutions for '09. For me, they're short and sweet:
1. Dress like Carine Roitfeld of French Vogue:

Source
While in Paris, I've nurtured quite an admiration for French Vogue. The shoots are eye catching, breath taking and push the limits, and the editrix, Carine Roitfeld, is uberly fierce.

Source
While Carine may play with color on occasion, she shows more often than not that black on black is consistently chic. Mixing slim pencil skirts with jackets in innumerable combinations topped off with sky high stilettos, Carine rules French fashion and looks super stylish while doing so.

Source
Roitfeld definitely invests in her pieces, and in a similar vein, I'd like to invest in my wardrobe once and for all! So instead of buying 5 J.Crew blazers (yes, I've done that), I'll save my pennies for items like the following:

1. Vivenne Westwood Red Label Stretch Wool Blazer, $835. 2. Christian Louboutin Blood Mary Ankle Boots, $1,365. 3. Alexander McQueen Checked Tulip Skirt, $1,495.
Of course I'll continue to scour sample sales and the like, but this year, it's all about building that ultimate Fashion Editor wardrobe!
2. Read more Fashion Literature:
I own both the Fashion Book by Phaidon and Fairchild's Dictionary of Fashion, but haven't had the time to read 'em cover to cover until now! I'm going to study like I've got an exam, and get my fashion knowledge up to snuff.
3. Lastly, continue to expand the Fashion Bomb!

A lot has happened in the past two years: multiple redesigns, contests, tons of cool events and even merchandise! Adriana and I plan on continuing the fabulosity, and we're looking to the New Year for new contributors, fresh ideas, more updates, and scintillating Real Style. Hope you'll join us for the ride:)
That does it for me!
Adriana has a few as well:
"1. Follow the "1 In, 1 Out" Rule

My closet was so full at the beginning of this year that it took about three rounds of purging to get it down to a manageable size! I started using the "1 in, 1 out" rule as a way to really make myself think about purchases: if you add a new item to your wardrobe, you've got to take out an old piece. It makes you think a lot more before you buy, and I'm willing myself to keep doing it in the new year!
2.Finally Watch a Whole Season of "Project Runway"

It's my dirty fashion secret: I haven't been able to sit through an entire season. Not because it's not fun or interesting--I just end up forgetting about it! It's terrible. This year I resolve to not forget and make it to the bitter end so that I don't have to hide anymore when it comes up in conversation!
3. More NY Scene, Fashion Bomb 101s, and Celeb Interviews

It's been a dream of a year working on the FB, and I'm grateful to both Claire and our readers for being fabulous and inspirational, as well as encouraging me to grow as a contributor. Here's to more NYScene, helpful 101s, and celebrity interviews to stimulate and satisfy your style jones!"
What are your fashion resolutions??
xoxo,
The Fashion Bomb

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 this day i dress a Moschino dress!!! and i'll go to a party...here in italy!!! i 'd like to go to paris or london...but nothng!!! lol
maybe next year

your blog is Numero Uno :D

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh...... good new year

~a said...

Fabulous ladies!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

To read my fashion bomb bible on a daily basis!

Happy New Years ladies!

Anonymous said...

To continue to define my personal style!! I want people to see an item of clothing and think, "That just looks like something she would wear." To get a pair Louboutins. To continue to expand my designer wardrobe. And to get rid of all the clothes I don't wear because I don't love! I think I might have to use Adriana's "1 in, 1 out rule." Happy new year, ladies!!

Anonymous said...

My fashion resolution is to step my fashion game up all the way around. I'm really starting to take a serious interest in the wonderful world of fashion and all it has to offer and i'm going to use the new year to broaden my fashion horizons...with the help of the FB of course! Happy New Years everyone. See you in the '09.

Anonymous said...

My fashion resolution is to wear all of the items that are sitting in my closet with the tags and get rid of the ones that are no longer me. Look my best everyday as if I am going on an interview at Vogue. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I thought long and hard about this and I decided that my fashion resolution is trying something new. Instead of packing my wardrobe with items from standbys like Old Navy and H&M, I'm gonna shop at new stores I usually don't frequent as much. So I'mma relax on those places and give Express, Zara, and the Gap a chance to compete for space in my closet.

Unknown said...

good job guys on the blog you doing a great job. As for N.Y.R I will be purging a lot of trendy pieces from past seasons and tactically adding staples that will last.

See how I do with this via www.dtailoriented.blogspot.com