Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, December 05, 2008

Mail Bombs: Kerry Washington's Missoni, Gabrielle's Black Dress, and Angela Simmons' Red Carpet Look!

Only a few more Fridays left in the year...
...Il faut en profiter!
First, Jennifer says, "I will be in a friend's wedding in March and I recently spotted Kerry Washington in a super cute dress..."
"... I would love to know where I can get it or a reasonably priced version. Also, do you think this would be appropriate for the rehearsal dinner?"
Hey! Rehearsal dinners call for a slightly dressy look, and I think this frock definitely fits the bill. Kerry is rocking this lovely Missoni creation...
...but you can get a similar look by adding a belt to any of these maxis:

Photobucket
1. Sweet Pea Black floral mesh ring halter maxi dress, $70. 2. Vince Women's Ikat Maxi Printed Dress, $150. 3. Tibi Printed Maxi Dress, $235.
If those don't work, you still have some time. Wait to see what this year's spring stock brings closer to the wedding day.
Next, Sherly says, "Can you PLEASE find me something like the dress our girl Gabby wore to the Grand Opening of Fontainbleau at Miami Beach?"
Get her look with these:
Photobucket
1. Black Halo Belted Ruffle Mini Dress, $375. 2. Valentino Black, Belted Deep V-Neck Dress, $850. 3. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Cape Sleeve Dress, $180.
Next, Michelle was inspired by yesterday's Simmons Style File, and sent in a request for Angela's strapless dress:
She says, "I love this look for the holidays!"
Mimic her strapless steeze with this $325 Betsey Johnson Burnout Stripe Dress:
...from www.betseyjohnson.com.
Now we have a few wardrobe queries!
Lois says, "It's my 25th birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm going out with friends. I live in a VERY cold city, and it's always hard to find something cute to wear that I won't freeze to death in. I am a little over 6 ft tall, and I wear a size 0/2. I would like to wear a party dress that is not black, or a tank and party skirt. Any suggestions on shoes/ booties would be GREAT! As far as price, I would like to be under $150 for the whole outfit. The cheaper, the better!"
Adriana says, " Happy early birthday! With your height and frame, you can pull off virtually anything. Try pairing some of these dresses and shoes for a warm, colorful, yet affordable look:"
Photobucket
1.Elizabeth and James Scarlett Dress, $110. 2.LaROK Janis Shawl Dress (shawl included), $114. 3. LaROK Blondie Sequined Shift Dress, $85 paired with this shrug for warmth. 4. Newport News Satin Bootie, $29. 5.Victoria's Secret Patent Oxford Bootie, $42. 6.Aldo Magaly Bootie, $50.
Mari got in touch looking for a bit of guidance with a male coworker. She says, "We all know we have those Secret Santa exchange ordeals at work, so can The Fashion Bomb help a sista out? Secret Santa Profile - Male 18-20 /// Hip-Hop Urban Style /// Requesting a Tee-Shirt /// Under $30."
Here are a few options:
Photobucket
Photobucket
1. Southpole Men's Ollie Master Raw Cut, $25. 2. Rocawear Double Roc T-Shirt, $24. 3. Okay Player Speaker Box T, $12. 4. LRG The Frozen Circuits Tee, $26. 5. Akademiks Soul Slub Better T, $17. 6. Schmack the Capital Tee, $16.
Lastly, Keisha says, "I came across these Guess? "Banana" Pumps at Macys and they are pure hotness!!"
"... I want to purchase them soo badly, but I don't even know what to pair them with! As a college student, I am always careful about things I buy...could you help me find something? My price range for a dress would be about $300 or so."
Adriana says, "Since the shoes stand out a lot on their own, choose a dress that's just as chic but a bit more low-key:"
Photobucket
1. Rachel Pally Alexis Dress, $224. 2. Diane von Furstenberg Lionel Dress, $195. 4. Tibi Chelsea Sweater Dress, $195.
That's all for today. Check back this afternoon for a special guest blogspot!
Bisous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding selection of these fashion dresses!! I'll pick one of them...

Leah Janell said...

Always impressed with what Kerry has to say "Yes her fashion is always a statement"... I Must add that I love love love Angela's red carpet look Im thinking of buying the dress how about I send you a pic and you can do a who wore it best because im def not doing the pink shoes : ).... Someone please give nessa an ax so she can cut that Lumberjack dress I thik I will hate it for years to come... Keep the good work up you are amazing...

Anonymous said...

Everything is so stylish.!! Those black dresses are so beautiful. I love the selection of fabulous shoes.