Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Claire's and Adriana's Fashionable Christmas Lists

When you were young, did you would make Christmas Lists??
Lord knows I did! I'd painstakingly draw the tree with crayons, detailing the ornaments down to the star, then list my most coveted toys below. I was always a dreamer!
Today Adri and I are taking it back, giving you our fashionable Christmas wish lists--a few well edited items we'd love if a recession proof Santa swung by.
For me, a coat is the most important item in the winter months: you wear it all the time, and it's usually the most memorable element of your outfit. I have my eye on a classic Burberry that will help me weather the Parisian chill while staying chic! My old Marc Jacobs black leather tote has taken a beating, so I'd love to upgrade with a Chocolate Guccissima Handbag, then of course replenish my stock of jeans, cashmere, and classic shoes while throwing in a few affordable wildcard items for style:

Photobucket
1. Plastic Island Color Blocked Dress, $93. 2. Burberry Wool Coat, $1,050. 3. J.Crew cashmere hoodie, $188. 4. Loeffler Randal Hope D-Ring Bootie, $625. 5. 7 For All Mankind Women's "Flynt" Jeans in New York Dark Wash, $155. 6. Christian Louboutin Decollette Leather Pump, $575. 7. Chocolate Guccissima Handbag, $1,950. 8. Kenneth Jay Lane Pave Crystal Earrings, $105. 9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Lock It Up Magazine Clutch, $260.
I'm also a self confessed TV junkie and being abroad doesn't help my addiction! I'm set on getting full seasons of my faves: Curb your Enthusiasm, Absolutely Fabulous, and Family Guy (I already have the Sex and the City Box Set!):
Photobucket
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm, $16. 2.Absolutely Fabulous Season 5, $19. 3. Family Guy Volume 6, $21.
Adriana says, "Claire was definitely more of an artiste--I was the one who'd spend hours looking through catalogs, marking them so my mom would make no mistake about what I wanted!"
Photobucket
"Right now what I'd love more than anything is an oversized, vintage Chanel caviar bag: decadent and classic, yet roomy enough for everything I haul around daily! I also just recently bought myself an early Christmas gift: a Mackage coat (obsessed with them). And, of course, there's always some pair of shoes or outfit I have on the brain."

"Next to all things style, my passion is reading and there are quite few books I can't wait to devour (and re-devour--I'm a re-reader) over the holiday. I've been a fan of "True Blood" since Episode 1 and *heart* the books the series is based on."
1. Sookie Stackhouse Boxed Set, $32 2. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, $8 3. The House of Gucci, $11 4. The Hemingses of Monticello, $22

Cute Picks!
What's on your Christmas List?

3 comments:

Rhine Family Blog said...

Great list! I think Mackage has a sample male this week and The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am a librarian and I read a LOT of books every year, but The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao was the best thing I read all year.

Anonymous said...

My x-mas list includes a pair of black pumps, a pair of dark skinny Levis and a big cocktail ring.