Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Rumors: Anna Wintour Possibly Out at Vogue??

Talk about grist for the mill.
The blogosphere is abuzz with news that Condé Nast head Si Newhouse is in Paris negotiating with French Vogue Editor-in-Chief Carine Roitfeld to have her replace current Vogue EIC Anna Wintour.

Gawker , Jossip, and Fashionista offer more details but I must say, this isn't the first time we've heard this. I'm taking it with a big ole grain of salt for now. But it does beg the question: are we ready for a change of the guard at America's Fashion Bible?
~A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait! Isn't this exactly what happened in the Devil Wears Prada???

*Alicia said...

Exact thing that I just thought!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy, I was thinking that too. I wonder how it will play out...

Anonymous said...

LOL...yep---DWP. That French editor is the real-life equivalent of Jacqueline Fole...lol.

Anyway, I'd love to see a chic and regal black woman taking over Vogue. I'm thinking Bethann Hardison...