Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mail Bombs: J. Lo's Red Carpet Look, Keri Hilson's Gray Strapless Jumpsuit, and Sanaa's Flirty Headband

Only a few more Mail Bomb posts before the year ends...
...let's get in all that fashion goodness!
First Jewel from New Orleans says, "I am hoping you can help me find out who designed the hot dress J. Lo wore to the premiere of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button's in L.A."
"...and can you also help me find a similar design at a cheaper price?"
According to InStyle.com, J.Lo is wearing a Roberto Cavalli ivory gown. For a similar look, Adriana found these options:

Left to Right: Notch Bodice Halter Gown, $228; Bias Cut Gown, $308
Next Kamilah says, "Do you know who made the jumper Keri Hilson wore to the Lexus Listening Lounge?"
Since she's posted up with Project Runway's Mychael Knight, I'm assuming she chose to wear one of his singular creations along with her $83 Soldier Girl coat. If you want a similar look, add a gold belt to this $210 Paul & Joe Sister Noisette Bandeau Jumpsuit...
...and pop on a pair of gold hoops.
Randa says, "I am sending you this picture of Sanaa Lathan because I love her headband!!"
"Do you know where I can get one like it?"
Of course! Adriana found these chic, affordable headbangers:

1. Forever 21 Sequined Headband, $5. 2.Bebe Skinny Metallic Elastic Headband, $12. 3. Forever 21 Metallic Headband, $3
Ramona liked last week's post on Ciara's lace up boots, but was more interested in her dress:
She says, "I'm going to a party and would love to have this dress for the occasion."
Mimic Ciara's off the shoulder steeze with this $102 C&C Califoria Wool Jersey Dress:
...from www.shopbop.com.
Lastly, Akilah from LA comes with a wardrobe query. She says, "Here is the dress that I plan to wear for New Years..."
"...I was wondering what kind of shoes I could pair it with? I will be in LA so I can do sandals in the winter time BUT I'm a college student so my budget is TIGHT. Under $100 pretty please."
Since there's quite a bit going on with that dress, I'd stay keep it simple with a black shoe. Yes, black sounds boring, but you can dress and jazz it up with a pop of patent leather or details like cut outs or fringe:

1. Pelle Moda Women's Colette Dress Pump, $98. 2. Guess Women's Millicent Pump, $55. 3. STEVEN by Steve Madden Women's Bijoux Pump, $72.
That does it!
This weekend I'm going to my first défilé de mode (fashion show) with Fashion Bomb reader Aissata! My camera is finally working (yeah, did I mention I broke it at the Kanye Concert?) so I'll be snapping some fresh pics for Monday.
Stay tuned...and have great weekends!
Bisous!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Akilah from LA I would totaly wear the Steven by Steve Madden Women's Bijoux Pump! Those are HOT!!

Good luck with your decision. Claire gave you some tough ones to chose from.