Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, December 15, 2008

Would you Rock? Funky Sunglasses

Rihanna was spied with Chris Brown in LaGuardia airport after this weekend's Z100 Jingle Ball wearing a pair of one-of-a-kind retro specs:
In attempts to further distinguish themselves from the masses, it seems stars are popping on increasingly more out-the-box sunglasses, even if the pair fails to block the sun and encumbers their vision:


Since we typically take fashion cues from our fave celebs, I must ask: would you rock super funky sunglasses?
*Apparently Kanye borrowed the idea for his sunglasses from Sho'nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, in 'Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon' [via Gawker]:
Does anyone else remember that movie? Ha!
In case you don't:

lol

9 comments:

LaTanya B. said...

I'm back and forth with this look. I'm sure there are places to wear them but I don't think you would see me wearing them walking through the airport maybe out one night...

Anonymous said...

is that a LV the top music of the year duo is sporting? i like it!

Anonymous said...

Chris is wearing a Billionaire boys club gold backpack. Rihanna is rocking the Louis Vuitton.

Anonymous said...

RIP Sho Nuff! Can't remember the actors name right now, but he passed away a couple of months ago. The Last Dragon was my movie...Who's the Master!?!? As far as the funny shades, the craziest I'd go is rock the Jackie O's or Nicole Richie's...can't get w/ the Mad Max trend.

Anonymous said...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Shonuff can't be dead!!!
If he's dead...how old...does that make me...?

Anonymous said...

Damn, I didn't know that about Sho' Nuff. That's sad. RIP. For anyone, that knows the Last Dragon, they know that he made that movie a classic. I think I'm gonna watch it soon in his memory.

Anonymous said...

OK I looked it up his name was Julius Carry III. He had pancreatic cancer.
On a brighter note...Who did yall vote for for fashionista of '08. I had to give it to Cassie (even though she can't sing and is rumored to be Diddy's jump off) I had to give it to her cause fashion wise she's been giving Rih Rih a run for the title. But Rih Rih is still my girl!

Spinster said...

Not liking those retro sunglasses at ALL.

Anonymous said...

Leroy!!!!!!I love this movie. sho'nuff lmao