Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Real Talk: Red Nailpolish

In Paris life is a lot slower, and I suddenly find I have time to do little things, like paint my nails something other than clear or cream. I've fallen into the red zone like Beyonce:
I *never* would have worn a red nail in NYC--no time to repaint! But now that I've tried it, I'm a quick convert--nothing screams sexy more than a bright red nail. Now I'm looking for even more shades to indulge in. I've got my eye on these:
1. Nars Nailpolish in Chinatown, $16. 2. Essie Nailpolish in Macks, $8. 3. Chanel Vamp Nail Polish, $20.
I'm clearly new to the colored nail thing: What are you fave red polishes?

10 comments:

Harlem Loves said...

Oh I am such a fiend for red nail polish I already have several shades and I keep buying more... love it

Anonymous said...

I LOVE and have been wearing reds BUT I just discovered how gorgeous and classy nudes are!

Anonymous said...

Essie Jelly Apple!

Anonymous said...

i adore OPI's malaga wine - it's a little darker and looks so sophisticated, even when i'm wearing sweat pants :) i feel you on living in NYC and never having enough time to get your nails done... i have a month old pedicure and sad looking hands that are only going to get rectified now that i'm heading on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Essie Bordeaux and A-List are my fav reds!!!

A*E* said...

I love OPI Smoke'n in Havana and Redipus Oedipus!

Anonymous said...

This post is so timely! I was JUST re-painting my toes and hands and I always do a bold color on my toes becuase it will last and a nude on my hands and this time...I almost tried the bold red on my hands for the holidays. But I wasn't sure if that looked to "hooker" and reverted to Starter Wife. Next time, I will opt for the red!

Peggy M. said...

Essie's Fishnet Stockings, A-List, Really Red & Red Label!

Anonymous said...

I love a red nail as well and just painted my nails with OPI Don't Toy with me from their Holiday line! it's a bright, fun, sparkly red - super fun and fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I just got my mani/pedi and I opted for OPI's Bastille My Heart from this fall's French collection (shout out to Claire). Is a nice red that's not too hooker-ish and is great for the holidays!

At *B*Fab..I've tried Don't Toy With Me too and it had way too much glitter in it for me. Still a pretty color but was hard to take off.