Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, December 05, 2008

Special Guest Blogger: Bevy Smith's "Dinner With Bevy" and The Gilt Groupe

Hey Lovelies!
Today you're in for a treat: an extra special guest blog by Breaking into Fashion subject and diva extraordinaire Bevy Smith!!
Bevy recently joined forces with the Gilt Groupe to throw a dinner bash with some of my hometown's finest (including a couple of the Real Housewives!!!). Want the scoop? Read below:
*************************************************************************

When Gilt Groupe, the exclusive online sample sale site, asked if I would host a "Dinner With Bevy" in Atlanta, I was a bit leery. Folks said "they will either RSVP and not show up, or show up dressed inappropriately, dripping in logos!" The naysayers were wrong: Atlanta truly put on for their city!
From David Banner (my heartthrob) beyond dapper in a Polo Ralph Lauren Purple Label suit to model Cynthia Bailey in a vintage Genny suit, this was one gorgeous crowd!
Yes, the Atlanta Housewives were there, and Lisa and Sherree represented fabulously. Sherree wasn't at all the "Diva." She showed up “gorge” in an aubergine DVF knit dress! Sherree and I bonded and we plan on hanging this Fall at New York Fashion Week. Lisa charmed all the guests with her down to earth spirit (and you already know she was "booed up" with hot hubby, Ed).Lisa and Ed weren't the only sexy couple there: we also had Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe. Nicole was divine and I couldn't look at her husband for fear of staring and catching a beat down!!We couldn't have a fashion dinner in Atlanta without inviting Mychael Knight from "Project Runway"! He was so cute with his patent leather bow-tie! While we were hugging he sniffed my neck and asked what fragrance I was wearing. Chile, I was in such a frenzy I was wearing nothing but anxiety. Mychael gave me a bottle of his new fragrance, Majk, and I received compliments all night, especially from hunky singer/songwriter Sean Garrrett.Sean's hard at work on his CD for Interscope Records and apologized for not being his usual uber-chic self. Sean, when you have a body like yours, clothes don't matter!One of the highlights of the night was meeting "It Girl" Keri Hilson! She didn't disappoint showing up in a Rojas tartan plaid skirt, Envy turtleneck, and a divine Carol Van Wyck vintage belt with Betsey Johnson patent leather boots.Thanks to Alexandra Wilkis Wilson and Alexis Maybank the owners of Gilt Groupe for allowing me to invite my Atlanta friends! I know Claire already invited you to Gilt Groupe, but just in case you missed her invitation, I'm inviting you as well! Log on to www.gilt.com/dinnerwithbevy to peruse a few of their fabulous fashionable items.
Bevy
*****************************************************************
I can't believe Bevy and Sherree hit it off! Homegirl did look kind of fly...
And that was fabulous! Did you love our guest blogger?
Bisous!
Read more about the "Dinner with Bevy" series here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes great blogger...nice to see Sheree wasn't being a diva. Unlike most ppl, I liked her on the show. And I would love to see what Keri's skirt looks like! I bet I was fierce!!

S said...

you better werq miss bevy!

~a said...

Nice! I like Bevy and glad she's doing her thing in the A!

Anonymous said...

I love Miss Bevy! She's my inspiration and so damn fab!

Great post!

Vajayjay Mistress said...

I heart Bevy, Gilt & Keri!!!